sharpley sunday 24/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharpley sunday 24/5

arrived at half seven to blazing sunshine and an empty carpark, set up and counting 12 names in the book i scribble and scrawl and post me monies in the box (Ł18 for all day and 3 fish) A quick stroll upto the hangmans sees an empty lake with fish rising all over, about a quarter of the lake is flat as the north sea this winter and the rest has a gentle ripple. walking round to the flat end i can hardly contain my excitement as i can spot tens of fish through the gin clear water and topping all over the lake, i start with dries and get interest instantly, my heart racing as fish after fish are rising at speed to my fly then turning their heads at the last second.
    soon after a couple of changes to smaller flies they start taking, but spitting the flies under the water, curses.
    same untill a bit later when a olive shipmans buzzer fished quickly enduces a solid take, missed or spat but a definate sign, concentrating hard i recast and bang! a PROPER take, yess, its pulling hard and flashing blue under the water.
    the hardest fight results in the biggest fish i've ever landed.....(see pic)

its a blue so after the shot it goes back, it had chomped the fly good but luckily i had a spare, on it went and straight away a 'bow of 2lbs, perfect.
    had more plucks and saw plenty of fish chasing but my time was up, hopefully back on friday.

cheers for reading...........tom
    Attached Files
    gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Great report - my heart was pumping just reading it.
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Working...
    X