a few of a nice days fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few of a nice days fishing

just got back from bridgnorth, spent yesterday pulling fish out of a pond, lost count of the total but was not just a few, started wel with f1 carp before the larger stuff started, mid day got a nice slab bream, got taken twice by something i never saw but threw the hook 10 mins into the fight, the pond we fished has a few 20lb plus carp in there so prob a couple of them decided to liven me up , fun on a 14 meter pole, three small barbel made a show, only about 3/4 lb each but still nice to catch, all fish but the first few were caught on prawn, the initial ones on sweetcorn, the one thing that does miff me off though was the amount of carp with badly damaged mouths, not just at this fishery as i have seen it in many places, i dont know if its inexperienced people unhooking them or people who are more concerned with total numbers caught in a match anyway heres a couple pics i took with the youngun whos now keen as mustard and becoming a `pain n the bum `wanting to go , main thing is hes keen
    Attached Files

great report and catchs
    keep the bairn interested and i think he needs some suncream on his back mate
    keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

yep i warned him about the sun, then again im just as bad

shame hes not as keen when i go beach fishing, soon as he weather turns chilly he fanny`s out and wont go

Comment

nice report and pics mate, i like it when kids become involved in fishing, wether its sea, coarse or game, it keeps them off the street and out of mischief
        FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

welldone on the fish guys superb report
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

It's good to see the kids get involved. Mine is only 5 and is itching to go but it's finding the right place and right time as he'll soon get bored if we catch nowt

Comment

theres a place near here, Eden Meadows Coarse Lake Complex
              Off B1280 near Trimdon Colliery,i have fished there a few times in the past and had good results has a good head of fish in there as well, three lakes to choose from and is available on a day ticket rather than having to join a club,hes not open on a mondays from what i remember,
              Eden Meadows Fishery

Comment

Cheers mate, will have a look down when the little un's off next.

Comment

well done mate some nice fish there. Better than wot i have been getting over the last few weeks.
                  Rod building.................

Comment

thanks allan, hell dont sound to good then up here if you have not done well, i was hoping the warm spell would have got the fish feeding well, i joined the wheatly hill club this year,mainly to fish one water, had a few nice crucian/goldfish the other month plus a couple nice orfe, carp of any size not showing in any numbers for me but i have also had a few nice tench that run like pigs on speed

have you tried that pit just outside murton ? google maps murton, look across the fields from clarke terrace and you will see it, used to have a good head of carp in there, some decent ones as well, also i have heard of some decent bream that show as well there was a rumour that the big carp had been netted from the place but i cant confirm that one as being true
                    i intend to give the place a try

might be worth a try for you

Comment

mike i have been fishing wheatly hill loads and at the minute its full of small roach and skimmers. once they have stoped breding it should start to fish for the better fish.. i havnt fished eden meadows yet. i know the pond your on about at murton but i have never fished that. I have been told about one at trimdon but iam waiting for the lad to get back to me with the details.
                      Rod building.................

Comment

Working...
                      X