Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fly line

whats the best fly line you can get and whats the price many thanks

You dont say what type of fly line you are meaning, e.g. floating, intermediate, fast sink, etc

If it is a floating line, then the Rio Gold is hard to beat. Expensive at around £50 but woth every penny. For a 'middle of the road' price, the Snowbee XS and Greys Platinum at around £35-40 are excellent lines. I ahev used the Snowbee floater for many years and found them to be excellent

For an intermediate, my choice would be the Greys Platinum clear intermediate or the Cortland 444 Classic Blue. Remember with a clear intermediate you will get more memory in the line as the core is made from mono and not braid. Prices are £35-£40

Fast sink line choice for me would be the Rio Deep7, quite simply superb. Price is around £45

Fir different rate sinker e.g. DI3, DI5, etc, the Airflo lines are very good, just dont toucvh their floating lines!! Also very good are the Scierra HMT lines. Prices are again around the £35 - £40 mark

You can get cheaper lines but with fly lines you do, quite simply, get what you pay for
    www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grommit View Post
        Fir different rate sinker e.g. DI3, DI5, etc, the Airflo lines are very good, just dont toucvh their floating lines!! for
        Have you had any feedback on the new Ridge lines Ian? Ive just bought the midge tip and must say Im quite impressed with it, it may go belly up within a few week but time will tell.

Pete.

Comment

Mixed reports on them Pete, some love them, some hate them!!

Havent personally used one yet (use Rio Midge Tip and Cortland Ghost Tip) but I may get one to try out
          www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X