Mission Nothumberland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Nothumberland

Reet, booked up in the legendary Percy Arms, Otterburn, cheaps as chips deal for a night, if I'd payed full whack I would have settled the bill with an axe Plan was, maybe tackle a bit of salmon fishing before arrival and fish Sweethope the next day. I'll get to the Sweethope report in a tick (Ticks now thats a whole different post). Departure was delayed on account of ****balling about and "the drink" so - Farted around in Otterburn drinking beer and waving my copy of Trout and Salmon at any wife who looked vaguely tweedy or bucked tooth, nee joy, blank Had a good scran up, got to me pit in time to watch the replay of BGT so that's almost as good as a fish. Hung outside me window smoking a tab and got hit in the face with a bat, or the biggest moth in the universe. I don't know who was more freaked out Managed to keep a had of the tab though. Strangely chipper in the morning and had a lush breakfast lookin at the gardens with the sun already well up and lamps on full pelt. Bought loads of strange sarnies from the local shop, drove straight to Sweethope. My ticket started at 1:00pm sporting + boat and could fish till 9:00pm. I got there at about 11:00am (Farking checkout times in hotels) Kipped till 12:00pm had bailiffs 5 year old giving me "What's that?" "Why do you fish?" "Why do fish have teeth but not ears?" I actually had an argument with her over whether birds had noses - Beaks man, but yeah I suppose it's just a nose, it's not though is it a beak is a set of solid lips, it's a mouth All this while I'm trying to kip and freaking out in case her mother turns up and shoots me dead. This wee lassy was sat on the "Tailgate" of my huge four by four , swinging her feet and craicing on and all I could think was, I'm dead. That's just the way it is I suppose.

Catch report - scorching hot, returning anglers had very little, couple of fish between 6 who'd been fishing since early March. Got in boat, rowed away, caught f all, rowed back in for a knap, rowed out again, f all, couldn't stay for the evening rise (Left at 8:00pm) rowed back f all

Saw a Mahoosive freshwater eel in the margins when I was scoping out the water (just before kip number 1) Was told an angler had the legendary treble - three fish at once, his three fish happened to be a rainbow, a pike and an eel can believe it.
    Last edited by Charlie_Thompson; 02-06-2009, 11:24 AM.
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

absolutley pants a waited all neet for that WELLDONE anyways

did ya catch out pmsl
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

There was about 3 boats out at one time.

1. sound travels very well over small stillwaters

2. smalll remote stillwaters are normally quite quiet

3. if you fart on a wooden boat seat it sets up some tremendous type of vibe which can be heard for miles

4. I thought if I can't catch fish I am going to fart my way through this whole scene

Comment

pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Thompson View Post
          Catch report - scorching hot, returning anglers had very little, couple of fish between 6 who'd been fishing since early March. Got in boat, rowed away, caught f all, rowed back in for a knap, rowed out again, f all, couldn't stay for the evening rise (Left at 8:00pm) rowed back f all
          What day were you on Sweethope Charlie?

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
            Monday gone Pete

Comment

Eye it was very hard on Sunday too, I managed 5 from the boat from 9am till around 1 ish. I didnt see a fish caught after that, the sun just swithed them off. We had a look up the small lough and had a few out of there later in the day.

I think the forcast this weekend is looking a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                The wrong day by the sounds of it.

How you doin ell?
                If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

excellent tale charlie if ya gonna blank tha's nee whwere nicer though
                  stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

Working...
                  X