Tweeddale Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeddale Yesterday

Arrived at Tweeddale approx 8.30 with just a little drizzle showing which wasn't too bad as it chucked it down during our travel up there, there was a stiff cold "breeze" blowing up the lake towards the lodge but fish were topping all over.
    I was with my nephew Darran, his mate Micky and my old pal Ronnie.
    I kicked off with a washing line set up with a large CDC on the point and two small buzzers, one black and one claret.
    Second cast resulted in a fin perfect 6to 7lb rainbow to the black buzzer which gave a magnificent account of itself, as we were on C/R it was retuned safely to fight another day.
    A Brownie of about a 1.1/2lb was the next fish to the net and its colouring was fantastic, where was my camera > at home.
    Ronnie started to score using one of his Labrador fly's and he returned a rainbow that looked every part of 8lbs.
    My Nephew and his mate were struggling a bit and they decided to go and fish the top lake to see if they could change their luck.
    The weather changed about 12ish and became very bright which put the fish down, by this time Ronnie and myself had returned a good dozen.
    I decided to fish lures with one dropper and I went for the trusty FU with a Holo ribbed Dwial Bach on the dropper, to say the trout were obliging would be an understatement, in a short period I had returned 5/6 fish mainly to the FU.
    There was quite a bit of interest by other anglers as to my lure so needless to say, I parted with half a dozen so it will be back to the vice this afternoon.
    I changed the FU for a lure named the Divine Dancer which can be credited to a fellow angler called Matty Devine who hails from my part of the country.
    This lure it gradually gaining a reputation as a consistant fish catcher and it certainly accounted for a few more rainbows at Tweeddale.

To round thigs up fella's, the scores on the doors for our visit was
    Myself 17 C/R 6 drop offs and three snapped takes
    Ronnie 11 Loads of drop off using very small fly's
    Darran 4 A few drop offs on the top lake
    Micky 1 Just learning to fish but lost a couple by being too severe when playing his fish.

Overall guys, a great days fishing with 5/6 fish in the 7lb bracket safely returned and a couple of cracking Brownies returned,

seddo
    Last edited by seddo; 09-06-2009, 09:28 AM.

Great report Seddo,

Sounds like an excellent day out.

More details please.

Where's the lake; do we need to book in advance; can you get a 'Sport Only ' ticket?

Roughly, how is your FU and your mates 'Devine' tied?

Cheors,

Drof.

Comment

Details for Tweeddale
      Tweeddale Millennium Fishery
      GIFFORD,EAST LOTHIAN SITUATED ON THE B6355 DUNS ROAD
      4MILES FROM GIFFORD VILLAGE FOLLOW ROAD TO FIRST CATTLE GRID THEN TURN RIGHT WHEN YOU SEE THE SIGN ON THE GATE. TELEPHONE 01620810009 OR MOBILE 07703255955, EMAIL tweeddale@fsmail.net or tweeddale1@btinternet.com

The Divine Dancer.

Lure hook
      Head Coloured bead
      body Black uv straggle
      Tail Black Marabou with a couple of srands of Twinkle Flash or similar.
      Body Red hackle palmered upto the eye
      Collar Guinea Fowl swept back

Matty uses varios coloured guinea Fowl for the collars,

FU Lure.
      Hook Kamasan B160 Size 8
      Head 3mm Orange Tuncston Bead.
      Collar Red Glo-Brite Flu Floss. Tied behind bead.
      Body GM7 Flu Yellow Fritz
      Tail Springwater Blue Marabou (its actually white)
      A steady retrieve has been my most successful method to date.
      The hooks, tail and body materials can be bought from Brian at Big Reel,
      Address
      The Big Reel
      1 Limekiln Road
      Ayr
      Scotland.
      Or you can order by phone 01292 290011

Hope this is of some help

seddo
      Last edited by seddo; 14-06-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

great report mate, looks like yous had an eventful day despite the conditions,well done
        FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Tweed dale

Thanks for the info. Bonny Lad.

I'll be up there soon with a half-dozen 'FU''s and 'Divines'

Cheeors,

Drof.

Comment

Best of luck when you get there, if the fish are on you will have a cracking time.
            seddo

Comment

Working...
            X