Derwent Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent Yesterday

Fished the Derwent yesterday had three fish biggest 3lb all caught on a black fritz with long tail from the sailing club then it all went quiet but still nice to be out

least you caught m8 never caught anything up there yet

Comment

I got 4 from the north shore fished next to the wire fence running into the water three on a black fritz and one on a consett budgie it was hard work but nice to be out

Comment

Well done Ray. I struggled there last time out.
        Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Well done on getting out and catching mate.
          Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Well caught Bonny Lad.

Tell me, have the weekend crowds eased off yet as they usually do after the mad start to the season?

Cheors,

Drof.

Wotfettle Mick,

What were the prices like in Cyp.

Is there any improvement?

Comment

well done on catching mate
              FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

It was expensive---£2.50 for a loaf,£1.50 tin of beans,£4 a pint in the hotel.High street pub beer was cheaper
                It was 45 euros for a morning boat fishing trip. Up at silly o-clock till 11 ish.
                When i read you could catch blue fin tuna thought i,d rather buy 22 and half pints of Leon beer and have a sleep in. The only blue fish tuna i think we would have got near were in were kept in fish farm nets a couple of mile off.
                Mick.
                Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                  It was expensive---£2.50 for a loaf,£1.50 tin of beans,£4 a pint in the hotel.High street pub beer was cheaper
                  It was 45 euros for a morning boat fishing trip. Up at silly o-clock till 11 ish.
                  When i read you could catch blue fin tuna thought i,d rather buy 22 and half pints of Leon beer and have a sleep in. The only blue fish tuna i think we would have got near were in were kept in fish farm nets a couple of mile off.
                  Mick.
                  Aye, Whey,

We've been 'Cyprus fans' for years and years but we'll not be back for the forseeable future.

As far as we're concerned, the Cypriot has shot hesell in the foot with his extortionate prices.

We wor in Lanzarote last week and paid 1.50 for a pint and 2 Euros for a large wine. A pub meal would set you back 5 or 6.

Cheors,

Drof

Comment

There was no waiting to pay our money , but it was raining / windy so i guess a lot of folk decided to give it a miss in the morning .There were about 30 fishing the bay of plenty / Mill shield in the afternoon when it had faired up

Comment

well done rayo, it was hard work yesterday. 6 of us fished a works trip. 3 of us fished the north shore from cronkley up to millshield. fished from 9.30 til 5. one of the lads had all but bagged up by 2 bells, but he had to wait till 4 for his last fish (well done davy) most of his coming on black hoppers. i managed 4 (2 on diawl bach, 1 on daddy and 1 on a booby) carl also managed 4 to a mixture. the other 3 boys started at cronkley but soon left, not sure where they ended up. they managed 6 between them to various lures.
                      there was a mass hatch of huge green fly's, with huge shucks all over the water (large olives or mayflies?, they had a twin tail) but ignored all our offerings both on top and in the film
                      got me pb for the derwent though so had a good day, cracking rainbow of 4 1/2lb

when we signed in the ranger asked if we wanted to run a little comp between us and he put a voucher for a free days fishing up for the winner, which i thought was great RAH RAH FOR THE DERWENT
                      stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

Well done mate
                        keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

Working...
                        X