Another Tweedddale Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tweedddale Visit

Arrived at the fishery at 08.00hrs to find the place chocker block with anglers, two clubs had comps so that was the reason for the big turn out.
    I'll start with the end of my day, 1 fish to the net and quite a frustrating time in between, have you ever had those days when everyone is catching fish and you can't even get an enquiry, well, that was me today.
    I think I must have used more fly's today than the last three trips put together and still couldn't get it right.
    Fish were a plenty and most of the anglers (50) had bends in their rods and fish in there bags and most of the fish I saw were of a very high quality and were a fair weight, a testament to Bill's stocking policy.

Just to make things a little worse the heavens opened and the rain came down like the preverbial stair rods, unfortunately Micky forgot his waterproof coat so he got a right old soaking.
    The best part of his day was when he saw a "stick" in the water , he cast over it and pulled in a rod and also found there was a fish on the end of the line. How good is that?
    Apparently one of the Scttish lads had went to the lodge and left his fly dangling just above the surface and off went his rod , reel and line

I met up with Scott (scoobie) and had a brief chat , unbeknown to either of us we had been talking earlier but didn't realise we are both from the same forum he's off to Chatton next Sunday so I said I would pop up and raid his fly box. He had a canny day but he will explain when he makes his post.

Thats about it folks, a great day last week (17), 1 today, who said fishing is easy
    Roll on the next wet a line day.

seddo
Working...
X