• West house report 15/6/09

WEST HOUSE TROUT LAKES
    MILL LANE
    BISHOPTON
    TS21 1LL
    Tel: 07836 330157
    West House Trout Lakes | Welcome to West House Trout Lake
    FISHING REPORT 9/6/09

Another fine weeks angling with more great catches and more double figured fish to the net.*Anglers are finding the fish prone to the more traditional, imitative*patterns such as Buzzers, Dries and Small Wets. The freshly stocked fish*are keen to go for the lures with the Viva Fritz or the Dawson's Olive the best at the moment. Mill Lake continues to fish well as this lake is currently harbouring a number of double figured fish, with plenty of*freshly stocked rainbows. Two competitions this week :- Thursday night Open match ( 5.30 - 9.30pm) and the Airflow pairs competition on Sunday

Some excellent fish have been caught this week with Mae Jorgeson aged 13 of Hartlepool catching her first ever fish a super Rainbow of 4lb caught on a Yellow Blob. West House regular Chris Clark of Eaglescliffe caught a stunning 14lb 2oz Rainbow on a Cats Whisker. Chris Micallef of Stockton had an excellent evening session landing 15 fish including a rainbow of 12lb and losing another at the net estimeted at 18lb. Numerous anglers have had some excellent evening sessions with spectacular evening rises. William Johnson of Crook caugh 12 fish on an evening session including one of 11lb all caught on small Black Buzzers

COMPETITIONS :-

Thursday 18th Evening open Competition
    5.50pm - 9.30pm
    £8 to fish + £7 sweeps
    All are wellcome a fun friendly competition

Sunday 21st June AIRFLO PAIRS QUALIFIER
    Meet at 8am
    Rules are per national Airflo competitions
    Tel David for more Info.

The lakes are now open until 9.00 pm on an evening and and evening ticket (4pm onwards) is available for £8.

Flies of the week : * Small imitative patterns such as Wicked White, CDC Emergers, Damsel Nymph, Olive Zonker,Pheasant tail nymph, Black Spider and Hoppers are working best

Someone I know went there recently, bit put off by the "If you're a horse or a dog don't walk on the grass" signs on the way in.

Great set up - honesty box to get fishing, excellent lodge and the same system for tea, coffe and SOUP, fantastic facilities, even toilet paper if you needed a pony! Payed for a killing ticket and spent 487 hours hoying every fly in my box at evey bit of water for about 9 days. Little white body nymph, with a gold head, some caenis type pattern, fish went nuts for it, caught abought 675 in 2 hours, returned 671 as I was only allowed to keep 4. All caught left handed as well
    Last edited by Charlie_Thompson; 27-06-2009, 11:16 PM.
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

them's good numbers!
      gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Originally posted by t0mb0la View Post
        them's good numbers!
        You knows it
        "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
        Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Working...
        X