scottish lost lochs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottish lost lochs

has anyone ever ventured into the scottish hills to find lost lochs and wild brown trout?

after studying os maps and sattalite pictures i'm thinking this might be the way to go.

does anyone know the rules on fishing these hidden gems? i know that the scots camping rules are lax to say the least so i guess if no-one obviously owns them then no-one will want quids off uz!

any tips on fishing off the beaten track would be much appreciated.

cheers....tom
    gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

where you planning on venturing... there's a lot of scotland and a lot of lochs!

explored a few over the years
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

probibly for me first trip just into the borders, not past selkirk for now but am holidaying on skye late summer and understand the island to have many a fishable water (not to mention the coastline) and am dreaming of breaking from wor lass on foot to a watery paradise in a hilly cleft (check Skye and Lochalsh Angling )

where abouts have you explored? were the lochs remote? wild? dangerous? all exciting, i'm sure!

cheers.........tom

Comment

the outer islands a re a bit of watery paradise, have a look at the benbecula, north and south uist on google earth

fished some of the hill lochs in Moidart/Kinlochmoidart, tiny wee things some of them, but all with trout in em, how the chuff did the little fellas get up there in the first place though

trick is to fish a bit and keep moving especially if you pull one out, the rest of get wise and bugger off, so you have to keep on the move

there's a few way up in the Cuillins that I believe are free, but hell of hike to get up tot hem

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

thanks mark, got me eye on a forest with 3 lochs in close proximity and rivers all around, lest just hope there's some life in em.

google maps paints an excellent picture of skye but just saw some horizontal pictures of hilltop lochs, wowzer!

cheers.......tom

Comment

Geograph British Isles - photograph every grid square!

find some great pics by grid square on there

Thought for the day:

Comment

Working...
            X