south causey, friday night time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south causey, friday night time

fished from 10 till 1 catch and release, i think it's supposed to be a 6 hour sesh but the gent in the office took pity on the travelling angler and honoured me ticket,

got the tour and advice from paul (gent) and a coffee as the reputation of the place promised and what a place.

started at 10 and got into a fish 3rd or 4th cast, snapped off tho! (i'll blame the line being the last bit on the spool) miff! no worries, it was going back anyway, with 1 of me 2 emergers gone i swiftly drew new line and tied the other up good and tight, after no more than 2 mins i got my first of the night to the net, as i was casting again joe (the boss) and "wor mark" came down to introduce themsel's, nice lads with firm handshakes and good crack brought a bloody fish with 'em, boosh, have that! 2 in 2! niceties swapped and fish returned i moved on and changed fly.
    stopping at pegs for about 20 mins i had 9 fish in 3 hours on emergers, shipmans and the like!

it's been said before but trout DO kick the f*ck off when caught at night, fighting and shaking thier heads like a trapped cat! add this in to the pea soup fog through which you couldn't see the rod tip without headtorch and couldn't see your hand with, and it makes for an exciting night

all the reports of the place are true, i met all the guys and they made me feel like one of the gang, a rare occurrance anywhere in this day and age let alone the clique riddled world of fly fishing.

my time flew over so quick and i was offered to stay but had to get me head down for a hard days fishing today (saturday)

after blanking at higham on worm for five hours with 2 mates, thier young, naughty, naughty, naughty boys and my teenage nephew, i went straight to south causey for some relief! (from children, not fishing)

word was it was hard work, finally got one half an hour from the end on the smallest of small dry, still had a good time, saw the lads, joe nonchalantly whopped out 4 or 5 whilst explaning possible reasons why they weren't playing, the mark of the professional!!!

its a cushdy venue and the new lake when filled will be awesome, and thiers already talk of a third! i've heard.

cheers for reading.............tom
    Last edited by t0mb0la; 27-06-2009, 10:12 PM. Reason: drivel
    gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

excellent report tom mate,

glad you had a good session,especially in the conditions you describe, and as you say it is nice to be made to feel welcome, which does not always happen. Well done mate
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Great report Tom, sounds like you had a good one. It was a bit more tricky on the Saturday like, I had a few out on the Sedge and Shipmans. When you back up there?

Comment

Well done tom looks like you had a canny sesh.
        Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

i'll be back for a friday night soon as poss, coupla weeks maybe!
          gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Working...
          X