return to derwent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return to derwent.

Fed up today lads so went back for another cruncher-wish i,d stayed at home.Nowt not even a bite.
    Started at the north shore sweating my nuts off in the neoprenes-jeeze 28degrees according to my car.
    Ended up back at the yacht club-tried all methods-only saw one fish and if he had two fingers he,d have stuck them up at me-had one look at the buzzer then off he went.
    Got to 8:45 pm and decided i,d had enough-i keep putting the pound in the tin for the tiger fish just in case.
    mick
    ps
    Can anyone tell me why the snowbee neoprenes i bought off flea bay leak around the groin area-i,ve looked and everything seems fine-it must just be the wear and tear.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

i have 2 pairs of snowbee neopreme chesties and both leak arund the groin area must be a common fault
    Cod machine

Comment

Thats a tough days fishing Mick, liked the one about the fish giving you the V sign.
      Nothing worse than a pair of waders that leak, seems to be a problem with that make, why not get in touch with them and see if you can get a replacement pair or a refund.

seddo

Comment

I,ve got the chance of buying some Greys grx beathable waders and some platinum wading boots for £130. They look a good deal-fed up with getting wet.
        just cleared my credit card after paying for my wedding-feel odd not owing nowt.

Comment

I was up there yesterday started at 7.30 had 5 on the bank by 8.30 all on a grhe moved up above the yacht club one more to the bag then the last two at the medow all fish on the grhe and gold-head montana . a lot of lads I spoke to hadnt had a touch are you sure it wasnt sweat in your waders I had greys apollo on and I was soaking and didnt smell the best ,try filling with water and see if any leaks out ,have you thought about waistwaders because you cant wade past your thighs on NW seen some at glasgow angling for about £80 breathable aswell

Comment

it was defo water-felt it come in when i went to bollock level.
            tested them at home and found the neoprene must perish defo coming in-never mind they are great as long as don,t go to deep-and like you said the rules are only thigh depth.
            whats a grhe.
            where you using intermediate.and was it 7:30 am. the wind really got up later on and in fact created small waves where i was.

Comment

gold ribbed hares ear---jst e-bayed it.

Comment

thats the one great little fly it gets fish on all waters

Comment

Working...
                X