Wansbeck river northumberland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wansbeck river northumberland

Alright lads new to fresh water fishing up this way lived in County Durham all my life anyway I do a lot of sea fishing in the wansbeck on the river mouth I was wondering how far up the river past the dam is fishable and I will catch fish I keep getting told Morpeth.....Im not bothered what species but I'm not one for trout and salmon they just come as a bonus...cheers in advance

i work next to the river not far from the river side of the dam and never see anyone fishing but my work mates fish the free stretch of the river at morpeth you would need a licence brown trout mostly caught ,,,jamcod

Comment

The Morpeth town stretch is free to fish as long as you have a EA National Rod licence. It contains brown trout (and possibly the odd sea trout and salmon) but no coarse species that I know of other than minnows. The Wansbeck Angling Association control the majority of the fishing between Morpeth Rugby Club downstream to the weir at Sheepwash and they have/used to have a small stretch just upstream of the road bridge linking Stakeford to Ashington. Permits are available from McDermotts in Ashington or Game Fishing Supplies in Morpeth.

Comment

Working...
      X