River Eden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Eden

Off for a visit tomorrow, staying in Kirkby Stephen for a few days, will keep you posted.
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

there any fish back in the eden yet??

3 years ago the whole lot was wiped out by a chemical spill
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

There's about 4 left, I'm having tea with the eldest on Thursday

Comment

Funny Old Game

I caught a fish, lovely buttery colour, delicately spotted, little head case of a Brownie. Over the moon, caught on a small corixae nymph. Saw a Hare!

I had got myself comfortable on the river, scoped it out a bit, checked the wading, had a look to see what bugs were about, had a few rises, when I turned my mind briefly to birds. My brain said "Wouldn't it be great to see a Kingfisher" I'd read about there being a few in The Dales. The second my brain thought the word "Kingfisher" guess what ..............

Aye a little psychedelic blue humpty backed dart went yakkng up the river in front of me. Stunning and stunned

I did not fish the Eden, I decided to fish The Ure instead. Why you may ask, I'll tell you chuffing why, because I am a bannana head. Staying in Kirkby Stephen home of Kirkby Stephen Angling Club, slap bang in Upper Eden country. Asked in local pub where I could get a ticket from, noone knew and I was advised to go to the Tourist Info place. Can I get a fishing permit please hinny? No you will have to go to Hawes newsagents they've got loads there I drove to Hawes, 18 mile away and on The Ure thinking this is a bit oddski. Went to the newsagents and they said go away you fool we sell newspapers, pop and crisps. Went to the outward bound shop and finally bought a ticket which allowed me to fish around the Hawes area, strange! Got back to me digs and was telling the tale of the ticket when a bearded man with a rabbit's head keyring started weeing himself uncontrollably. Apparently the Pendle Witch in the tourists information place had told me to go to Hall's Newsagents which was 15 yards round the corner. Someone punch me please (apart from mark)

Comment

Plenty Kingfishers about owa here. Some on the Wansbeck in the town centre. Even seen one on the Tyne at Stella where the stream comes in west of Blaydon. Just have to be patient as they are hard to spot.

Comment

Apparently the Pendle Witch in the tourists information place had told me to go to Hall's Newsagents which was 15 yards round the corner. Someone punch me please (apart from mark)

class
            give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Thompson View Post
              Apparently the Pendle Witch in the tourists information place had told me to go to Hall's Newsagents which was 15 yards round the corner. Someone punch me please (apart from mark)
              I never get to have any fun
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Sounds like summit that would happen to me.

I'm canny lucky and see kingfishers nearly everyday at work. You'd be supprised at some of the ****ty rivers and becks they live on. Plenty about in the NE.

Comment

Working...
                X