Sunday it is then!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday it is then!

Hopefully taking up the most generous offer of a days guided salmon fishing, that I bid for in a NESA RNLI auction nearly 3 years ago. The lad who made the offer has been in touch every year during the season and it looks like it's about to happen this year. South Tyne, there's fish around and if it pishes it doon tomorrow and kinda stops just before sunday (That's what the forecast says) it should be cock on! I have a feeling in my watter If I'm fishing left bank with an upstream wind I'll probably catch about 7 fish. 4 huge coloured ones and 3 late run bars of silver. Anything else will result in hinging myself with a 1D line, cascade in the eye, temper tantrums (broken rod, simms jacket rent asunder, things thrown into the river or stamped on), or getting the spinner out My best reel has mussels growing off it and the line looks it's been licked by a Hyena. Maybe a trip to my local tackle wallah is in order. I am also threatening to put some of my home tied flies on the end of the line.

Watch this space.

I will not be taking any fish out of the river btw

Unless they are huge and the camera stops working.
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

off up there with me gill nets & 2 45 gallon drums of chlorine tommorow, I'll let you know how it goes
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Cheers mate, i need some chlorine as it goes, on account of the fact that I've run out.

Comment

Got any Sulphur?

Or similar elements, are you having your monthly periodic table? Eat more greens man - FFFrrrppppp

Comment

Had an excellent day, thanks to GJ. Visited 3 or 4 great beats and got loads of valuable experience, impossible to get from books or websites. Conditions were a bit gnarly and when I was told it was too difficult, and water conditions weren't right for a novice to have a go with the fly I breathed a little sigh of relief. We stuck with the spinner. Weather was a bit all over but soo what. I've never seen a salmon move on a river before but saw a fair few, ranging from little splashes, big red fish topping and tailing and a bar of silver going airbourne. I was reliably informed the last pool we fished was stuffed with fish but all resting deep down (apart from when they popped their nuts out to blow raspberries) There were about 5 of us taking turns to fish through the pool, some feirce craic going on as well although I felt a bit like a wee scaredy mouse. A couple of fish were briefly hooked and got away and there was a steady stream of reports coming through of fish being caught on the other NERAC beats. The sense of anticipation when it was your turn to fish through was amazing, alas I didn't touch a thing apart from the odd million leaf. Apologies for the lost flying C's Gary.

All in all a fantastic day out, thanks to GJ, the lads on the bank, the fish, The Tyne and NESA for organising the RNLI raffle in the first place. Well chuffed

Comment

Great report Ell, pity you never got a take, but just being on the beat with the pros must have been amazing, pleased you had a great day anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X