Kielder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kielder

Took the grandkids to Kielder on Friday for a picnic/fishing trip.

I normally fish the fly but because I had to keep a close eye on them, I set-up my coarse rod alongside theirs all baited with 'Powerbait'

What a red-letter day! - Finished up with eleven fish between the three of us.
    Best one around four pound, the rest in the two pound range.

Brought half a dozen home for the kids to give to friends and family.

Great value at £20 all in.

Fished over the dam about 300 yards along, beside a couple of large standing-stones at the waters edge.

Fish were all close-in - around 10 - 15 yards out.

Somebody said it had just been stocked from the slipway on the East sde of the dam. That might explain the numbers of fish close in.

Cheeors,

Drof

Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2014, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Well done, good catch....My dad used to take me fishing up too keilder and many other places when i was younger, we had some great days out.

Thanks too him i've been fishing for the last 35 years.

Am sure your grandkids will remember it for the rest of their lives..
      It's a thin line that seperates an Angler from a madman standing on the beach in january at midnight in -5 degrees with a northerly wind blowing in your face

Comment

Kielder

Been going up there for over thirty years (even before the reservoir was opened) and, as I was saying to the kids on the forest road leading down to 'Bull Crag Peninsula', 'I've never seen a Roe Deer in all that time even though there's a herd of 2,500 in the forest'.

I didn't get the words out of my mouth when three deer bounded accross the road in front of the car, a rare bonus to what was an excellent day.

It's a great day out, even for kids that are a bit too young to appreciate sitting all day watching a float : there's ferry trips, an adventure playground and even a heated indoor pool as well as a canny pub/restaurant.

Cheeors,

Drof

Comment

wd

wd good days fishing

Comment

Working...
          X