Back to the Piking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Piking.

Well it was back to my favourite winter fishing on Sunday , off we drove up to a huge Loch in SW Scotland ,one I've only been to once before . My gilley was optomistic to say the least that we'd be into the doublers this time .

Unfortunately it wasn't to be ,Steve had a couple of dropped runs followed by a great fight from a Pike of 7lb , sadly his only fish .

I then followed with a fish (of sorts ) a signal crayfish which are classed as a noxious species as the eat the fish eggs and kill our native crayfish .

The woman who came for the money told us that we couldn't remove any red signal crayfish from the site of the Loch if we did catch any as by law they should be killed in situ so that they aren't transferred to any other waters .

So kill it we had to ,I chose a humane method by first emersing it in water the bringing the water to a steady boil .....now funnily enough this then rendered the wee blighter edible ,and very very nice it was too .

A great day with a burning sun ,great scenery and canny craic ....oh and some good food too.

Until our next trip to a more familiar Loch .... you'll have to wait .
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Good stuff Steve - sounds idyllic this Pike fishing lark and the "Humanely culled CrayFish" sounds equally decadent...no vids?
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Videos are planned for later in the season Tony .....well I just planned them now actually .

Comment

keep me and bert posted
        im sure we could manage a trip over with you sometime
        and havasack you
        hahahahah

sless

Comment

Will do mate.

Comment

when you getting down to the Tees mate for the biggies.
            give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

mm tasty report

Comment

Well Jason ,it's been mentioned loads and it has to be on the cards soon ,it's just getting the free time .

Comment

Working...
                X