Derwent Reservoir.20/02/2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent Reservoir.20/02/2010.

Hello lads i had the chance to Police Consett this afternoon so i got the 4x4 and went out to check some outlying villages. This gave me the opportunity to have a look round my local reservoir. Its looking really good and is full to the brim with water. I would say a third is still frozen. The bay of Plenty is frozen but looks spot on to fish when it thaws.
    Checked the rangers shop and wiegh in hut-all locked up.
    Don,t know about you guys but i,m really looking forwards to wetting a line back up there.
    £22 a day now for 8 fish,but when you think about it when i go sea fishing i spend normally about £15 for bait and bits of tackle.Plus my diesel-so its probs the same if not cheaper at the rese.
    Oh and i had a look round the sailing club-really nice people. If you want a pint stick with the local pubs as its members only.
    Tight lines Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

i will be looking to try it when season starts as the sea fishing has been dire, i will be on fly but can u spin?

Comment

Originally posted by mag View Post
      i will be looking to try it when season starts as the sea fishing has been dire, i will be on fly but can u spin?
      you can do owt you like on the south bank mate (don't think they allow dynamite yet) fly only on the north bank. its well worth a visit especially early season or on a summers evening
      stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

I have the rule book and its right what Dicky said.
        You cannot fish live baits or groundbait.
        However you can use a feeder packed with maggots etc.
        Mick.
        spinnings ok but its hard work compared to the fly.

Comment

hi mick, funny how the mind set changes with the seasons im thinking the same as you, im busy tying this years supply of orange and black fritz patterns as we speak,looking forward to the start myself anyway wont be long now regards korky.

Comment

Looking forward to this season mick,had some fish up to seven pound last year and some good bags,always fish the South side but go right the way up beside hunter house,i will be there for the opening weekend fingers crossed,hope its thawed out and the fish are starting to become more active,thanks for report mate was hoping to have a look myself but you answered my questions.
            Did you apprehend any criminals on your tour of the outlying villages

Comment

Also looking forward to the 'Trouting'

As I mentioned on another thread, our lake at Waskerley is still frozen but with about a month to go it's got time to sort its sell oot.

In view of the recession, we've pegged the prices of day tickets and members subs for the third successive year, after all we are not a profit-making organisation.

Hope to see some of the NESA crowd up there when we kick-off.

Tight lines,

Drof

Comment

Drof i,ll be there mate. £10 is a bargain and its lovely and quiet. will deffo be having a couple of fly sporting sessions.
                Mick.

Comment

Wheyaye, we'll certainly look forward to seeing the 'NESA' lads up there.

Tight lines,

Drof

Comment

Working...
                  X