Sharpley weed again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpley weed again

Been there several times over the last few weeks and the weed is shambolic. You can't fish it properly, especially surface stuff because your fly gets dragged under by the accumulation of weed. Especially annoying when you go to cover a fish and instead of nice turn over with your little dry, you get a plop and it sinks ! I landed two last night but lost every other take through either to much pressure to stop them burrowing into the weed or doing just that. It's an absolute joke now, seems he's only interested in the golf.
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

this is a good fishery going down the hill in my opinion.
    its a bit of a travel for you m8 but give knitsley mill a try spot on two lakes excellent stocked fish also sheltered from strong winds.
    we went last session to sharply and it was full of weed very bad so ant been back
    consett warlord retired

Comment

I have fished it the last few weeks & tbh not found it too bad yet. I tend to fish the Doxy & Albert Lakes though and would guess the Hangmans & Cuthbert are already dodgy. Have no doubt that given some warmer weather & another 4 weeks it will be pretty much like last Year.
      Great shame.

Comment

Working...
      X