Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what flies

Thinking about going up to chatton trout fisheries soon
    But with not fishing it before I was wondering what flies people would recommend

I was there on Saturday just gone. Most fish were caught deep on blobs due to the bright sunshine. I got 3 of the top on a black popper hopper and a couple more on a Di7 pulling a white fluffcat. I would just wait and see what the weather is like when u get there and fish the conditions. If its bright and not many fish showng go deep, if overcast try dry's. Cast into the ripple and let it drift or cast to rising fish.
    Darren

Comment

I had 15 Cubs and Scouts at Chatton last week. Successful flies at the minute are -

Wicked white buzzers - slow drift or under an indicator or try it New Zealand style under a foam hawthorn or black beetle so you have a chance on 2 hooks at different levels

Black Lures - preferably with green as these always work up there

Bloodworms

Squirmies - kids love these so we tried a glow one (charged it up with the torch on my phone) and got a fish on straight away

Dries - there was hatches of hawthorns and sedges so we fished foam hawthorns, sedges and cdc f-flies

Griffiths Gnats - these were a new fly for me to tie but I did really well on them. They imitate a lot of species so are a good allrounder dry fly.

Others fishing caught on diawl Bachs, eggs, yellow dancers so you have plenty of choice. Ask when you get there whats been catching and check out the catch returns

Good luck

Ali
      UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

Defo a hawthorn pattern at the moment best of luck
        Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Working...
        X