Thrunton Long Crag 12/06/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrunton Long Crag 12/06/15

First time at Thrunton Long Crag on Friday afternoon and we will be back!
    What a cracking fishery, the top lake is still a little raw but after looking at the setup and the bugger lower lake I am sure it will mature nicely.
    Six of us went up for a 5-10pm session and were into fish on the top from the off on the larger lake. They kept taking all night but became a but more tricky once the breeze dropped and with it the ripple.
    The sheer number of fish head and tailing later on was amazing. Here's the only photos I took of my brother into a fish and landing it.

Last weekend I had my two youngest at Foxpond as they are getting to an age where they can understand fishing now. We had a great time and they both caught trout.

Just to finish off if anyone on here fishes Big Waters, I walk the dog there most days and there were some big fish cruising in the stepping stone end on Friday. I didn't have my Polaroids on so couldn't see what they were but they were a canny size. I thought the otters had dispatched all of the bigger fish in there but I was wrong!

Graham.

That’s a cracking couple of pictures of your two lads Graham, they look like they were born to fish. What a great age they are, but look-out that they grow up far too quickly. Enjoy it while you can and hopefully at least one of them will be you “little” fishing mate, just like my youngest.

The fishing and the place looks canny too; is that the new one that you can see from the Wooler road?

Comment

Cheers Kevin. They run their mam ragged when I am away at work.
      Did you get much on Wednesday night after I saw you? I think I am off with Lance again tomorrow.
      That lake is the omen the woofer toad past heighley gate. I think we are going back up on Friday again for another evening rise session.

Graham.

Comment

On the way to Wooler! Not omen the woofer! Predictive text!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham B View Post
          On the way to Wooler! Not omen the woofer! Predictive text!

We had a canny night after we saw you Graham. Cullercoats was slow so we moved to the can and found the fish there. Nothing big, just good numbers of fish in the usual size up to about 3lb.
          The highlight of the evening was the coastguard issuing a Securite message, warning that the Navy bomb squad were going to carry out a controlled explosion – guess where. We left in a hurry which coincided with running out of bait. Video camera at the ready, and nothing happened. I guess they must have set off something small at depth because there was no sign of anything interesting until a huge number of gulls started circling the area, probably mopping up the stunned fish.

Good luck tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X