different methods of coarse fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different methods of coarse fishing

hi guys am sick of just using the old float with the bb shots on and then the hook, what other good methods is there?

u ll probably need to explain or with a pic as i ve just started coarse

graham two of the best ways to learn are
    1 get down to a few lakes etc and be polite to someone who is obviously experienced - explain you are a starter and ask if you can sit and watch them for a while - most will be more than accomodating and share their tactics etc.

2. go on you tube there are thousands of instructional videos (alot from the pro's) you can watch them to your heart content then just get out there and practice.

but most of all have fun.
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

look into ledgering, theres a few methods based around it

Comment

Originally posted by treeboa View Post
        look into ledgering, theres a few methods based around it
        thanks guys, if am ledgering can i use a float to? as i like to see whats goin on

Comment

I was feedering in the Tees today,used 3 different methods.
          Closed feeder
          cage feeder
          and float leger.
          Could also have used method,pva,freeline,to name a few,
          Oh caught one as well.
          Stockton town centre.

To float leger.best buy yourself a Polaris float and follow the instuctions.EEEEEEEASY Peasy lemon skweezy.

Comment

there are many different methods you can use instead of using a float. to name a few : freeling- which is just tying a hook length to your main line and attach a bait and just freeline it on the surface and catapult a lot of floating freebies out on the surface and as soon as the carp or target speices are feeding cast your bait out but overcast it and then pull it back into the edge of the feed and hopefuly you catch one, you can also use a controller float to fish this method as well.
            another method you could use is to fish the method feeder which is a feeder with pellets or groundbait moulded around it with a short hooklength, usually about 4" or smaller and cast it tight to features such a an island and watch for the tip of your feeder round pulling right round and just lift the rod into the fish.

finally another method which you could use is to fish a bolt or running rig cast out to a chosen spot with bollies or pellets on the hair rig with a pva bag full of freebies and then placed on bite alarms with the baitrunner on wait for a run which is signaled when line screeches of your baitrunner rand the bite alarms sound.

if you want anymore help just pm me

Comment

Originally posted by graham2000 View Post
              hi guys am sick of just using the old float with the bb shots on and then the hook, what other good methods is there?

u ll probably need to explain or with a pic as i ve just started coarse
              all depends on what your targeting in particular is it carp from a lake or a mixed bag from a rivver all methods vary and not all work the same at different venues
              personal best pier:2003 xmas eve the hugh 12lb4oz

Comment

am after any fish carp,roach,bream etc but not pike. and i fish in lakes private and free 1s in the north east, i ve been to hebburn behind the cock crow inn, qe2 ,killingworth ,burrdon and i started about 3-4 weeks ago

Comment

if you want roach from killy and burradon just yuse simple mag and wag tactics however if you want bream from either of the two (not sure if burradon has many bream in ) just use a sweet or fishmeal bream groundbait and fill it in your feeder and cast out and try etiher fishmeal pellets a worm tail or sweetcorn. also if your after carp at killy lake a would use a bolt rig or running rig with hair rigged corn or hqair rig pellets or pop ups

Comment

you mobile mate ?? i have a couple old books you can have if you are, the basics are still the same, just people change the rigs to suit the venues

Comment

Originally posted by treeboa View Post
                      you mobile mate ?? i have a couple old books you can have if you are, the basics are still the same, just people change the rigs to suit the venues
                      i have a motorbike m8, were abouts are u?

Comment

Originally posted by graham2000 View Post
                        i have a motorbike m8, were abouts are u?
                        horden, just down from peterlee, basically off the a19, have pmed you my postcode

Comment

Working...
                        X