Fly fishing for carp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly fishing for carp ?

Could anyone tell me of any fisheries that will let you fly fish for carp ? I'm really keen on giving this a go.

Thanks for any info given.
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
    Could anyone tell me of any fisheries that will let you fly fish for carp ? I'm really keen on giving this a go.

Thanks for any info given.
    dont think most fisheries stock carp, mostly brown and rainbow trout.
    apart from private course fishing lakes that have a good selection of course fish
    I have had perch and rudd on the fly at grasshome some years ago.
    think if you find a course fishing club in your area and speak to the secretary possible they may let you have a try.
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Most course ponds will let you have a go with barbless hooks , as long as there's enough room to back cast , phone a few and ask , at the end of the day it's a artificial like plastic sweet corn or rubber maggots only presented differently
      Good luck
      I am a fisherman !
      It is not merely something that I do
      It is who I am !
      Fishing is not simply my escape.
      It is where I am supposed to be.
      It is not a place that I go
      But a lifelong journey that I am taking
      It is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show others.
      When you understand all of this you will then know me .
      And we will fish together

Comment

Get them feeding on some floating bread then sick a big white Muddler over them....

Comment

carp on the fly

Angel of the North fishery allows fly fishing for carp in July and August on Bowes lake for£12 a day or£7 a half day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Smith View Post
            Angel of the North fishery allows fly fishing for carp in July and August on Bowes lake for£12 a day or£7 a half day.
            Be interested to hear their response to this request as they wont allow fly or sea anglers on the lake until they have been assessed as competent.
            UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

Working...
            X