One from the Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One from the Wear

Sneaked a grilse out at first light this morning. Looks like a hen fish to me coloring up for spawning. She put up a good scrap and then swam away fine.
    Attached Files

Nice one mate.
    Its been hard going this year with the lack of water in the river.
    It could do with a nice flood to clean all the crap out and get some decent numbers running.

Comment

Have you heard about this new no fishing zone on Durham free stretch mate, I heard on the grapevine it came in today all the way down to below the willow pool. All fishing prohibited. Have you heard anything?

Comment

I have heard they are trying to get it stopped,but it hasn,t happened yet.
        Thers a few rumours about where it will be stopped.
        Its the Clubs trying to get it stopped.They blame the Snatching,but theres been none of that for the last 2 years.
        A couple of clubs (Mainly Bishop Auckland) have been trying to take it over for years because its the best stretch on the river.

Comment

That's a relief mate, people been telling me it was closed from today.

Comment

Originally posted by magpies View Post
            That's a relief mate, people been telling me it was closed from today.
            You'd think they'd need to sign it to make any prohibition legal.
            I was at the pool by the side of the council car park a couple of weeks ago. Water was still too coloured from a few days rain but there were some big sea trout/salmon splashing away probably cleaning off sea lice.

To be honest I haven't seen many people fishing there lately anyway. The stretch up from the new footbridge to the bottom of disallowed dam spillway is lifeless now as all the work on the new holes have meant clearing overhanging branches and reshaped some deeper parts.
            Told the missus I was going on a diet. I'd only eat what I caught

Comment

I heard that some lads were hoyed off in the last few days. Don't know how true it is.

Comment

Working...
              X