moulding powerbait onto hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moulding powerbait onto hook

I'm a recent convert to fresh water from Sea. Was fishing the Derwent Res weekend using mice tails and magic dust, fish were not biting so i swapped to jars of powerbait. I had problem keeping the bait on the hook even cooling the bait down by dipping it in water before casting after moulding the bait on the hook. Am I to understand this bait doesnt stay on the hook to good with a powerful cast? any other tips on keeping this bait on the hook?

There ya go.

eBay item number:201438734123
    Last edited by DaveyP; 05-10-2015, 11:20 AM.

Comment

the only thing they dont allow on the derwent is dynamite
      consett warlord retired

Comment

Thank you Davey, Appreciated.

Comment

dynamite

if if brings in more money then dynamite could be on the cards ........on a busy day it looks like Blyth pier when the mackerel are expected. Power bait worms spinners hyperdermics to inject worms with air 4oz sinkers geet big bubble floats..electronic bite detectors ..brollies... it used to be a trout fly fishery once upon a time... sadly money talks and inland sea fishing has taken over. I witnessed a guy with a carp rod and big sea fixed spool reel horse a 4lb rainbow out beside the dam wall . I think it hit the water about 6 times on the way in...very depressing

Comment

Working...
          X