october 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• october 2004

one for the fluff chuckers, caught on a Black flying \"C\" fishing on the River Urr near Dalbeatie

very good
    what permits do you need to fish that place

sless

Comment

the only permit that we had was what came with the cottage we hired it cost us £180 for the week self catering and this included fishing for four people, and don\'t forget no rod licenses up there either you can also pay on a daily basis through the tackle shop in dalbeatie.
      some good sea marks not to far

Balcary, Colvend, Carrick

fished Carrick stunning place was talking to a local there who was digging monster Rag over a foot long and he also said a lot of bass caught there, did find the head of one which looked in the region of about eight pound

john

Comment

forgot to say £180 in total not each (three of us)

john

Comment

five star

[Edited on 7/1/2005 by john.frain]

Comment

i might con the wife to go up for a week in the summer

lol

sless

Comment

Carrick, tide on the turn fishing from rock into lovely clean ground

Comment

hide the tackle and i will show debra the scenery

hehe

sless

Comment

think i will be up there in the summer will more than likely rent the same cottage but concentrate on the bass forget about the salmon.
                  was talking to a game keeper pal of mine up there and apparently the locals have been fishing for bass and getting up to 60 - 80 a session spinning and the dont even like them he said lol

john

Comment

Have never tried any freshwater fishing, but after looking at them pictures could be a possibility,especially with the sea there as well, that\'s a better deal!

Comment

aye thats a bonny one, can\'t wait to get back at em
                      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Would love a look up to your spots Mark. If i get the chance I will be in touch mate.

Jim.
                        Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

get some cracking sea trout in the wear hereabouts and I\'ve watched some huge salmon but never pulled one out (not legally anyway!)

middle of summer when the piers are full of loonies, and the beaches are heaving, and your ears ring to the sound of chavs \"got a spare spinner mate\" and \"cort owt\"

standing in the middle of a clear river with nobody around, sun beating down, watching the flies rise whilst stalking a good wild fish takes some beating

I always struggle at the start of a season though. having spent months hoying 6-8oz around with a geet big heavy stick, picking up a fly rod and trying to gently present a dry fly, takes a bit getting used to again.

One of my fly rods only weighs 2oz!

[Edited on 8/1/2005 by mark]
                          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

fished Carrick stunning place was talking to a local there who was digging monster Rag over a foot long and he also said a lot of bass caught there, did find the head of one which looked in the region of about eight pound

john
                            Fished at Knockbrex which is due south of Gatehouse of Fleet or North West of Brighouse Bay,about a mile from Carrick,we fished between Ardwall Isle and Barlocco Isle,got loads of flounder on fresh crab,pick your own bait in that area,did\'nt have a fork or time to dig my bait but there was plenty people digging.
                            Fishermens pardise over there something for everyone,plenty of Pike as well up in Loch Ken,think thats Mickey Quayles patch if I remember rightly

[Edited on 8/1/2005 by alan.f]
                            Cheers Alan...

Comment

Working...
                            X