Any truth in the rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any truth in the rumour

Last edited by Jimk2; 17-04-2018, 02:03 PM.

Rumour.

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
    The QE2 lake in Ashington was stocked with large carp and some pike that survived Barmston pond?
    .WHO STARTED IT OF.????/.think abit more information could help.ps, hope its true for you.

Comment

I have it from a close source, reliable I'm not sure. Supposed to be a few big carp a big pike and some smaller pike.
      Carp sold for big money.

Comment

well youlle never know?

I have it from a close source, reliable I'm not sure. Supposed to be a few big carp a big pike and some smaller pike.
        Carp sold for big money.
        .give it a couple sessions,hope you land a nice double figured carp.

Comment

If I do I'll ask if it once lived in Barmston pond

Comment

If I do I'll ask if it once lived in Barmston pond
            .didint know carp could talk,LOL.think i know what you mean though..ps,not taking the p,just bit honest banter.

Comment

They can't talk mate, not last time I spoke to one anyway.

Comment

They can't talk mate, not last time I spoke to one anyway.
                .1 of us is cracking up LOL.nice bit banter though end of,thankyou.

Comment

Lol and we are no further forward to the rumour or mystery, unless the fish speak.

Comment

ok,marra

Lol and we are no further forward to the rumour or mystery, unless the fish speak.
                    ..im the 1 cracking up,you WIN,lol.good night.

Comment

The QE2 lake in Ashington was stocked with large carp and some pike that survived Barmston pond?
                      What happened to Barmston pond Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
                        What happened to Barmston pond Jim?
                        Was just going to ask that myself, long time since i was down there, all sorts of things were going to happen not so long ago but i think complaints from the houses that run to the waters edge put the kybosh on the plans?

Comment

Barmston pond was polluted and subsequently all the fish died. Some were rescued and taken elsewhere.
                          I seen big carp dead, some huge eels and a few small pike.
                          It is for sale now and looks lifeless with no signs of fish.

Comment

Barmston pond was polluted and subsequently all the fish died. Some were rescued and taken elsewhere.
                            I seen big carp dead, some huge eels and a few small pike.
                            It is for sale now and looks lifeless with no signs of fish.
                            Now that you mention it I'm sure I remember my friend telling me that. A few years ago I was fishing there and watched some very big carp cruising around in the margins.
                            What a shame.

Comment

It is an absolute shame Ian, it's on my doorstep and your right there was very big carp in there and it did produce big pike.
                              The dead carp I seen would of been 16lb the eel must of been 5lb plus and biggest pike was about 6lb with a lot of dead micro jacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X