sweethope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweethope

hey any1 been fishing sweethope lately? hows it fishing and whats working ?went up amonth ago had a cracking day got my limit no probs,lost 6 put 11 back...was a good day till snapped my bloody rod !! best fish around 4lb

How did you snap rod mate? Anyway canny sesh

Comment

Two of us fished there a couple of weeks ago, 1pm to 9pm. Great sport, 6 fish (all released) for about 16.5lbs, and lost two big fish. Took the boat to the top end of the Great Lough, by the islands, and there were fish rising everywhere. Got four of the fish on dries, (sedges), and two on Kate McLarens. Hope this helps

Comment

not sure how it snapped,had a fish on for around 5mins nothing massive around 2-3lb mark and all of a sudden "crack" and it was snapped,the rod was about 2 years old" airflo".ive spoke to a few people since and they have had the same thing happen to them.not buy 1 again.....

Comment

wouldnt really put airflo down for your rod snapping, had a few over the years and they have served me well, most of the time there is a reason for the breakage such as a bang or a knock to the blank probably unknown about, have heard of much more expensive brands breaking unexpectedly as well, my mates shimano rod snapped for no apparent reason on his 10th fish of the day

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow-warrior View Post
            not sure how it snapped,had a fish on for around 5mins nothing massive around 2-3lb mark and all of a sudden "crack" and it was snapped,the rod was about 2 years old" airflo".ive spoke to a few people since and they have had the same thing happen to them.not buy 1 again.....
            I had one a few years back and broke it through my own fault by letting the fly line get round the prop of the boat. Contacted Airflo and told them it broke when I was casting and they replaced it free of charge. It was an ok rod for the money and their customer service couldn't be faulted.

Comment

got to agree with mack75 not the best rods but very good for the price when your casting beaded lures in the wind sometimes they hit the rod blank when the cast goes wrong and this is all it takes to snap or break them my on has has a delta + and he,s had fish to 5lb no problem,like you say it can happen to any rod got a diawa whisker of d.a off this site lovely rod for a tenner and practally brand new [cheers davey]
              Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

I had an airflo years ago and it snapped and ive snapped a hardys rod this season its already been said all it takes is a goldhead to hit the blank and it could fracture it and snap at a later date

Comment

Working...
                X