Fontburn Tips???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fontburn Tips???

Gonna Fish up Fontburn on Fri... Just wondering if any lads have any tips to try out?
    Locations, colour PowerBait etc...
    Anything at all will be appreciated...
    Was told by Roppa of here to Fish the Main Wall but it was full of scaffholding 2 weeks ago and it didnt look a small job...
    Fished near the Slipway last time and enjoyed it...
    Let Me Know of anything...
    Cheers Steveo...
    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

fontburn tips???

HELLO give me a ring anytime

Comment

Fontburn tips???

Sorry we didnt have much time for a chat.Hope you are pleased with the rod and reel.Where you are fishing to the right of the ramp i always found it to be a very good ledgering mark.Just a simple running ledger is all you need with a strong size6 or 8 longshank hook.If you want to ask anything else just give me a ring any time.

Comment

Nice 1 Ian... Top man..wheres the best place to float fish?

Comment

Originally posted by IANG View Post
          Sorry we didnt have much time for a chat.Hope you are pleased with the rod and reel.Where you are fishing to the right of the ramp i always found it to be a very good ledgering mark.Just a simple running ledger is all you need with a strong size6 or 8 longshank hook.If you want to ask anything else just give me a ring any time.
          I prefer to use small hooks 12 or 14s - always do well at Fontburn. As Ian says ledgered powerbait. Did well with spring green on fri

Comment

Nice 1 mitch. Appreciated! Stand by for a monster catch result!!!! Ha

Comment

See my post "Fontburn today" from fri. 6 fish for over 17lb - all on my young un's rod - she had a great time. All fish were no more than 20ft from the bank.

Comment

fontburn tips???

get yourself a couple of small bubble floats fill halfway with water for casting weight then thread your line through one hole and out the other now tie hook on set the float at about five feet and put splitshot either side to secure it.I dont know what bait is best now but a nice juicy lobworm used to do the trick.between the ramp and the dam wall was always good with the float.GOOD HUNTING MATE

Comment

Originally posted by madmitch26 View Post
                  See my post "Fontburn today" from fri. 6 fish for over 17lb - all on my young un's rod - she had a great time. All fish were no more than 20ft from the bank.
                  Them Fish are Marvellous Matey, Id be happy with 1 of them...What a way for the youngen to get hooked!!!
                  Excellent matey...

Comment

Always used to fish the far end of the wall, past the lodge. Normally with lobbie/yellow power bait combo with good steady catches.

One thing though, the fishing always seemed to die off for a couple of hours after mid-day, god knows why, but it was as regular as clockwork.

There also used to be a load of roach to keep me ammused when the fishing went slack. Just go with a smaller hook and a lighter hook length and a pint of maggots. Watch out for the odd surprise brownie.

Comment

stevo ive been up there all day had nowt,then put a open ended swimfeeder on with bread,sweetcorn and worms in,with a worm on the business end and ive caught 4 off the belt,try that nxt time mate
                      howay the cod

Penn 525 mag
                      penn fathom
                      Slosh30
                      Greys apollo

P personal best from shore 6lb cod
                      Personal best on boat 10lb ling

Comment

Working...
                      X