help needed for a trip to fontburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed for a trip to fontburn

rite lads/lasses, havent fly/bait fished reservoirs since i was a kid(20+)yrs lol
    i found my old fly rod(dam 9ft aftma#6-8) in parents loft few month back,so told my son id take him to fontburn 1 day through holidays and managed to get a lend of a couple of 8ft spinning rods.I dont want to go into silly money as i dont drive so it will be very rarely id get there,could you's please reccomend basic gear,line,hooks,bait,flies,sinking/floating line.all info will be much appreciated,tks russ

ps last time there,you were only allowed to use worms lol,now we have powerbait/eggs,info on how to use would be helpful aswell lol

Originally posted by rustik View Post
    rite lads/lasses, havent fly/bait fished reservoirs since i was a kid(20+)yrs lol
    i found my old fly rod(dam 9ft aftma#6-8) in parents loft few month back,so told my son id take him to fontburn 1 day through holidays and managed to get a lend of a couple of 8ft spinning rods.I dont want to go into silly money as i dont drive so it will be very rarely id get there,could you's please reccomend basic gear,line,hooks,bait,flies,sinking/floating line.all info will be much appreciated,tks russ

ps last time there,you were only allowed to use worms lol,now we have powerbait/eggs,info on how to use would be helpful aswell lol
    There's a thread on the subject here mate,

You might pick something out of it and at the bottom of the page a load more threads regarding Fontburn.

Comment

Working...
    X