pike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pike

i love pike fishing ive done it for about 4 years has any body heard of a place called semer water ive heard its good .............

Havent heard of it Poacher mate. I hear that there is pike in the lake at the QE11 Park next to Woodhorn Colliery, have you fished there and what is it like mate ?

cheers.
    george.

Comment

Semer water is quite good, there\'s a good stock of resident wild brownies, and they hoy stockie rainbows in as well.

A few years back, they were keen on pike anglers going down there to try and reduce the numbers of pike a bit.

down in the yorkshire dales, south of Askrigg
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

What does Semer water cost to fish? Where can I find info? Is there any pike fishing nearer Newcastle. I\'d heard that the QE2 pike had been killed off by disease.

Comment

semer water is a large natural shallow lake most places around 4-6foot deep,there are some large shoals of bream 12oz to 4lb average 1lb 8oz,there are also lots of roach good average size,semer water also holds brown trout and perch and pike some very large ones,to catch the bream and roach fish a groundbait feeder with casters and corn and maggots and some chopped worm if you have them,cast well out as far as comfortable and cast regular to get some feed out,the best spot to fish is the point to the left of the car park over the fence and over the shallow beck,fish pegs 34 to 40 if peg numbers are still there,if not fish the point,as for the pike i know of fish to 34lbs have been caught,best spot seems to be to the left of car park as far as you can go there is a bird sanctuary which you are not allowed to fish so fish near there,best time to catch the large pike is march to end of may,but if you fish the point for bream and roach expect the pike to be somewhere near when the roach and bream start to feed,as for the cost i have not fished it for two years but it used to cost £4 for one rod then £3 for every other rod,dont know if there are any consessions for children or pensioners,it is best to get your tickets from low bleen farm before fishing the farm is on the right as you approach the lake,please take warm clothing even in summer as the weather here can change anytime,

Comment

Thanks Smarty.

Comment

Try some of the rivers. The free stretch at Yarm has produced some great 20s this year.
              give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

bolam lakes a canny day out for pike ,plenty of sport with jacks at the moment with the chance of a few bigguns ,also a few perch and tench kicking around,permits are available from the postoffice/giftshop on the right as you drive into belsay
                cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

cheers bribones i fished bolam , you cant use poppers , plugs ,spiners only dead bait , i also fished semer and got 1 pike 4lb 3oz on eel,do you pike fish mate

Comment

....... poppers ......
                    Might get Ell coming into a freshwater forum yet
                    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

i poacher i know about the poppers etc its becouse of the conservation ,funny enough i find maccy works well up there ,used to do quite a bit a few years back and im just getting back into the swing of it,stargate ponds used to be one of my favourate haunts ,wylam,bolam and had the odd chuck down at the leazes and up killingworth lake,never tried fly fishing since way back in 80 something and couldnt quite get the knack prefer spinning for them myself lol ,hoping to get a few trips out during the summer
                      cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

might see you around mate ,we are of to loch ken in may for the weekend ,last year my mate got a 15lb 4oz pike on trout biggest i got was 6 lb 3oz with eel,where is stargate pond at , ive never heard of it............

Comment

as you go into ryton from newcastle on the bottom rd you used to turn right at the begining of ryton and go up the bank into stargate the ponds used to be on the left but its all been developed now and there gone ,although i do believe they made 2 new ones further up
                          if you turn left at the main roundabout at blaydon and head up to stargate up the back rd theres supposed to be one on the left and one on the right ,ill find out for definite and let you know,used to only be perch and roach but that may have changed
                          cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

cheers bribones , have you ever tried barmston pond for pike , my biggest just under 10lb on a BIG S plug ive had tons of jacks from there.....

Comment

i have been a few times at Qe2 at ashington doing abit of course fishing.And a few people have told me that there are still pike in the QE2 and some big ones aswell.I have been looking on the wansbeck and cramlington angling club web page and looking at the catch reports there ahve been a few fishing caught including a nice size pike on the 6th of march this year.

here is link if anyone wants a gander at it

http://www.wacac.me.uk/catchreport/catchreport.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X