durham free stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• durham free stretch

fishing is banned now in the area of old ice rink due to some of the few who fish by illegal means.todays northern echo

Originally posted by pothook View Post
    fishing is banned now in the area of old ice rink due to some of the few who fish by illegal means.todays northern echo
    Does davey know about this

Comment

free water

tony you found me again

Comment

There was me about to get my trout license as well.
        That's the only place I fish on the river.
        So where the hell is the enforcement anyway as I see some article about it still being allowed from the sands area. And which is the north and south?
        It seems that the river there is more east and west banks.
        Told the missus I was going on a diet. I'd only eat what I caught

Comment

There are no fishing signs up from the wear at the old ice rink down to below the Willow pool mate, opposite the old pink house near enough. On the only bank where fishing was allowed - if that makes sense. Can't think whether its north or south the river had so many bends in it round there. The town side anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by magpies View Post
            There are no fishing signs up from the wear at the old ice rink down to below the Willow pool mate, opposite the old pink house near enough. On the only bank where fishing was allowed - if that makes sense. Can't think whether its north or south the river had so many bends in it round there. The town side anyway.
            That's bloody diabolical. Fly fishing is a real no no on what remains. You can't wade there and the overhanging trees on the opposite bank are already well decorated with some of my lures. From there down to the end of the free stretch is mostly unassailable during the summer because of the high weeds.

Might as well sell my freshwater gear now.
            Told the missus I was going on a diet. I'd only eat what I caught

Comment

Working...
            X