Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fly season about to start, where are you going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fly season about to start, where are you going?

i'm planning a few trips up caistron and kielder chuckin the fluff, i have to say iv missed roamin the banks. it'l be good to get back into some fishing where i can feel me toes too.
    where you guys planning on visiting?

Planning on going to sharpley next week, ain been throwing a line for about 3-4 month now,
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

i was going to hit Langley Dam this weekend...but summit cropped up...Caistron is a nice fishery altho last time i went it was heavily weeded..which was slightly off putting.
      Bring
      Out
      Another
      Thousand

Comment

yeah caistron seems to have alot of weed, but also means there's plenty food. had great sport on buzzers and snatchers last summer on the boat, got snapped off by by a steam train last time that shot across the whole lake, was informed it was probably one of the 15lbers stocked earlier in the year hard fighting and well conditioned fish like. cant beat quality like this for a stockie like at 2lb
        it fought harder than 6lbers fatties iv caught elsewhere

Comment

flyfishing

where is caistron

Comment

Just passed Rothbury, beside the quarry.

seddo

Comment

Think I'll dust the fly gear down that I've never used for about ten years and give it a shot this year. Just rivers for me like for brownies and seatrout, I'll probably hit my old stamping ground the Coquet.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                Think I'll dust the fly gear down that I've never used for about ten years and give it a shot this year. Just rivers for me like for brownies and seatrout, I'll probably hit my old stamping ground the Coquet.
                just watch out for robson green

Comment

i he,s a knacker i rember when i was on my holidays up eyemouth and i went to fly fish at coldingham and i drove threw as i have done in the past and was stopped by this guy he said sorry mate you cannot fish today but come back another day when i looked robson green and a few other of his mates were going in the boats so i told him my money is as good as his and to shove his lake were the son do,nt shine the lake had been taken over by this bloke or so i was told i,ve also done some filming with robson [money talks and bull**** walks]
                  Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy37 View Post
                    just watch out for robson green
                    Well for certain he'd **** up a run. Splashin around and yapping, probably need a couple of days before it settled and worth a shot again

Comment

Originally posted by fish fingers View Post
                      i he,s a knacker i rember when i was on my holidays up eyemouth and i went to fly fish at coldingham and i drove threw as i have done in the past and was stopped by this guy he said sorry mate you cannot fish today but come back another day when i looked robson green and a few other of his mates were going in the boats so i told him my money is as good as his and to shove his lake were the son do,nt shine the lake had been taken over by this bloke or so i was told i,ve also done some filming with robson [money talks and bull**** walks]
                      Only fished it once mate and didn't like it at all, probably because i blanked like. Canny few years ago you could get a week permit for a tenner for the whitadder and blackadder much better in my opinion but then again I just like river fishing.

Comment

wouldnt mind a look up caistron myself never been.

Comment

I’ll be fishing the North and South Tyne, although mostly for migratory fish later in the season. I’ll have an occasional cast up there for the trout through the summer and might have a look at Sweethope or Caistron.
                          By the sound of it, it will be busy with NESA lads up there this year. We should organise a day out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
                            I’ll be fishing the North and South Tyne, although mostly for migratory fish later in the season. I’ll have an occasional cast up there for the trout through the summer and might have a look at Sweethope or Caistron.
                            By the sound of it, it will be busy with NESA lads up there this year. We should organise a day out.
                            sounds like a good idea mate! id be up for it

Comment

yeah the fish fight great at caistron...sweethope i have yet to catch a fish on!! altho i hear Rob got the sack so new year...new owner?...but langley dam by far is my favourite place.
                              Bring
                              Out
                              Another
                              Thousand

Comment

Working...
                              X