Fly fishing reservoir's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly fishing reservoir's

Hi Lads, what decent reservoir's are left for fly fishing ? I'm looking for decent scenery as well I used to love fishing Tunstall but it's a syndicate water now and no one else can fish it, I'll have the boy with me so I'm not wanting any waters too big, suggestions please lads

langley dam about 6 mile from hexham class

Comment

Second that. Try Caistron west of Rothbury
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

grassholme fished well last year,dont take the little un too early in the season,wait till it warms up a bit,all depends where you live,theres a place in teeside,north yorkshire,massivefish come out will try and think of the name for you
        Last edited by man in the boat; 02-03-2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Southlindenfishery.co.uk is a small Trout lake had some good days up there.

john.
          One More Hoy

Comment

try sweathope near otterburn theres a big lake that u can wade and a small lake bank fishing and the seanary is fantastic and peace and quiet

Comment

Sweethope is closed according to the grapevine.

Chatton is a nice friendly fishery and is well stocked.

Comment

Knitsley Mill,past Consett I think

Comment

no knitsley mill is crap,son been to look today

Comment

Loads of room at Whitton Castle and class fish in all the lakes.

seddo

Comment

Originally posted by seddo View Post
                      Loads of room at Whitton Castle and class fish in all the lakes.

seddo
                      Some big fish in there but the waters are too small for my liking.

Comment

It's a few years since I went to t'Mill,it was OK then.Sorry for duff info.

Comment

Hallington Resevoirs are doing day tickets this year (West Water Angling Club)

Boat fishing is also available (free)

seddo

Comment

I personaly like the Derwent It may seem a bit daunting to a beginer but there ,s plenty of fish in. I am by no means a good fly fisherman i just fish lures but always catch ,so if i can anyone can

Comment

You can still fish Tunstall on a day ticket. You can pay at the newsagents in Wolsingham or at the hut at the reservoir. Boats are available if you book. Had a couple of good days up there last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X