No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

Thinking of doing some river fishing (salmon, trout etc) with friends whilst away camping next month and I was wanting some recommendations on what kit to get.

I don't want to be spending too much as I am not sure how often I will be doing it, and if I will take fishing on long term.

I know I will need a rod licence

Cheers

thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

sorry.

Originally posted by lpoolck View Post
      Hello all,

Thinking of doing some river fishing (salmon, trout etc) with friends whilst away camping next month and I was wanting some recommendations on what kit to get.

I don't want to be spending too much as I am not sure how often I will be doing it, and if I will take fishing on long term.

I know I will need a rod licence

Cheers
      .not my cup of t.eod im sure you will get a few replies.would also help,if you said {where you are going}??.wellcome to site aswell.

Comment

The trout season will have closed on the rivers by the time you go so that leaves you with gearing up to fish for migratory sea trout and salmon. As you point out you’ll need a rod licence for those, as well as a permit / day ticket that allows you to fish a stretch of river. Finding day-ticket water near where you’re camping may be hard depending on where you’re going. Ask whoever sells you the tickets, what techniques they allow and gear they recommend.

Most people will fish using a spinning rod and fixed spool reel or a double handed fly rod. You should be able to get a reasonable spinning rod and reel for close to £100; the fly rod, reel and line will be twice that even for a basic setup.
        Add, waders and waterproofs to the list and a wading stick and big landing net.

Trout fishing on stillwaters will still be going in October and will be cheaper and easier to find and try out.

Comment

Getting any decent migratory fishing access may be difficult, and expensive, you may be better off trying for trout in one of the Stillwater's.

Comment

Working...
          X