cheap fly reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap fly reel

gonna try this fluff chucking lark and looking for a cheap reel for 8-9wt line as wiil be having some chucks in the surf
    any ideas its to complement an old 8-9 wt 10\' rod from ebay
    its the taking part that counts

COME ON YOU BLUES

greys grx are a canny reel
    i think you get spare spools with them aswell

sless

Comment

Could try here mate, I got a Lureflash Mamba from here to start me off!

http://www.firsttackle.co.uk/acatalog/Fly_Reels.html

Mark

Comment

If you don\'t want to spend a lot the Okuma fly reels seem canny value for money. I got one off ebay for about £20 which looked unused and that was filled with new WF9 line and backing. I\'m no expert but it seems OK to me.
        www.robadairpetcare.uk

Comment

the greys reels are brilliant.....but, if your going to take it anywhere near sal****er don\'t bother, the aluminium seems to rot double quick, even after a few hours, and before I could get it rinsed, the anodised coating was coming away and th alloy under enath starting to tarnish

on the other hand the okuma reels are plastic, or should I say graphite - which is a laugh, call em plastic mister tackle manufacturer, we all know you can\'t make fishing reels out of pencils, but I digress...

the Okuma reels are just the job and cheap as chips, bought one myself 2 years back with the idea that I can just hoy it away after a season then buy another, but still using it now, don\'t know how I\'d feel if I were lucky enough to have a 10lb bass at the other end, but as that is never likely to happen I ain\'t losing sleep over it. It does seem pretty immune to the abuse of sal****er, rocks etc. I\'d defo buy another when I need for the the salty stuff
          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Working...
          X