makes me wonder why i sea fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makes me wonder why i sea fish

went to foxs pond today about dinner time only 4 people fishing so i though what the hell i,ll give it a go, very quite nothing rising so opted for a intermediate and a lure nothing seen a lad get 1 6lb another lad got a small 1 first cast,i still had,nt had a pull then bang at range this fish hit me took of like a steam train got it to the net 6lber did,nt even have a full tail then after that i landed 7 1/2 lb approx another 6lber a 5lber ,3lber and the runt of the pack about a 1lb and a bit well pleased all taken on lures black fritz,orange ,and a cats whisker sorry no pics as i was on a sporting ticket but i was talking to rob and he said he has approx 63 fish put in recently with the others from 3lb up to 11lb seen some lovely fish rishing as i left
    Rodbuilding & rod repairs

is fox ponds the one opposite angle of the noth

Comment

yes mate

Comment

Originally posted by fish fingers View Post
        yes mate
        cheers mate thought it was

Comment

sorry mate forgot to congratulate you on your catch lovely stamp of fish them well done as you say wonder why you sea fish

Comment

welldone mate like we all say cracking pics stanley parkin

ya nah ya get doubters without them pics

get them pics up lad
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Makes me wonder why i sea fish

Well its maybe why they call you Fishfingers ha-ha you must eat plenty of them but never mind congrats on your catch at Fox/s pond you must of had a great day.good luck and maybe sticking to fresh water fishing you might do better than you do sea fishing eh.

Comment

Foxpond was the very first place I went flyfishing...lovely little puddle but I found casting a struggle as i got more experience because of all them ruddy hedges! lol.

but after 4-5 years, i truly got sick of the sight of trout (plus i dont eat them, taste like dirt lol)...so the reason i like sea fishing is, I just dont know what I am going to pull in next and what size it could be.

non the less...you got yourself a couple of crackers there mate well done.
                Bring
                Out
                Another
                Thousand

Comment

i the hedges are a bit of a pain but at the top of the lake and bottum you can haul a good line out your right i,m the same they taste horrible as for the doubters let them doubt i tried to play the fish in hard and fast and got them back in the water to swim off which they did and not risk them dying for a picture thier were still a few witnesses or go along and see rob if anybody doubts me [what a bite]

Comment

Nice one Stan mate, we are down Sharpley tomorrow afternoon for a few hours if ya wanna join us, we will be there from about 1pm. I dont need to see any pics to know ya telling the truth mate cos i loves ya
                    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Originally posted by Axe View Post
                      so the reason i like sea fishing is, I just dont know what I am going to pull in next and what size it could be.
                      exactly, this is why i prefer sea fishing, it just ain't the same fishing a big puddle catching fish that have been more or less pets all there life.

Comment

I pass fox ponds a lot it always looks muddy,and looking on website the fish dont have tails,rather have a brownie even the little ones give good sport,the red arrow shows my fishing spot from my living room window a 5 minute walk also stocked
                        Last edited by Guest; 15-03-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy37 View Post
                          exactly, this is why i prefer sea fishing, it just ain't the same fishing a big puddle catching fish that have been more or less pets all there life.

yeah, i suppose pulling the odd carrier bag in is better than a fight with a trout, then again hypothetically, say you caught a 10lb cod, still not much of a fight compared to say a 2lb fully finned rainbow, sea fishing is good but not as fgood as chucking the fluff I.M.O

alreet am biased
                          FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

jimmy i love you to mate lol your right though get a full finned fish and they can go i got a blue about 4/5lb at higham a few years back 1 of the best fights i,ve had since i,ve been fluff chucking mind i have no pics for the doubters, most people who no me know i respect what i catch everyfish i catch on the pier etc i take down the steps to get it as close to the water as possible no throwing over the wall to get its head slapped,thanks for the offer of sharpley which i will take you up on in the near future but i,ve got commitments this weekend regards stan

Comment

keep up the good work stan
                              Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X