Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which/what coarse fishing clubs or waters are local to south shields area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which/what coarse fishing clubs or waters are local to south shields area?

Fancy dabling in a little this summer local, i go camping to a friends uncles lake in york a few time every summer for a bit carping on the float (so have some but limited gear... just the basics). But would like to do some local, just grab the light gear and go for a couple hours on nice evenings and have a busy bit sport.

I'm not too fussed on sitting out for 48hours in the anticipation for a screaming reel once or twice for a +20lber just bashing the silver and a couple of bigger fish in the mix would keep me happy.

Any info on clubs or waters would be a great help and the craic with joining. Even if someone fancys showing me the ropes with the water would be fantastic.

Cheers

Don't know anything about the clubs that run them mate as i've been out of the coarse angling game for years but there's that lake at testos roundabout in Boldon, there's still ppl fishing it. Also the Lakeside Inn at Hebburn, the quarry just along from it up Mill lane, right next to the Cock Crow Inn but you run the risk of an air gun pellet in your eye so take safety glasses and probably the best shot of all, the lakes up at Eighton Banks where you can fish comfortably by the looks of it and get a ticket there, I'm told it's managed properly so that would be my venue. Hope this helps a bit mate.
    Gordon

Comment

Cheers Gord, i was under the impression the lakeside ones where still closed/fenced off. Also the one at boldon was privatly owned by some comany, nissan or siemens or something from the back of my memory... just dont know how true these are. I have been for a walk round the one pelaw area behind the cockcrow inn, looks ok just not sure of the head of fish in it...

But any confirmed info good cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by super-MAGuire View Post
        Cheers Gord, i was under the impression the lakeside ones where still closed/fenced off. Also the one at boldon was privatly owned by some comany, nissan or siemens or something from the back of my memory... just dont know how true these are. I have been for a walk round the one pelaw area behind the cockcrow inn, looks ok just not sure of the head of fish in it...

But any confirmed info good cheers.
        Yer there is a good head of fish in it mate including some lunker carp, but like I say take safety glasses for the air gun slugs, a hard hat and flak jacket for the bricks etc. and a pair of them safety gloves incase you stumble upon a used syringe. No kidin mate.

Comment

Working...
        X