Chatton Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatton Yesterday

Went for a short session at Chatton yesterday and decided to spend most of my time on the Dunnydeer lake.
    There was a slight breeze on the fishery when I arrived and it was really bright , thinking it would be challenging fishing and the fish would be deep I set up with a slime line and one of Andy's lures with a slight modification.
    8 fished banked in no time at all and each fish fully finned and in perfect condition, other anglers were catching pretty regular and having spent a short time on The Ross lake and the Chatton lake it was obvious the trout were in a good taking mood.
    As I had a good session, I spent a fair bit of time chinwagging with various anglers and discussing tactics and viewing fly'c etc, so all in all it was a good few hours spent at one of my favourite fisheries and it won't belong before I am back.
    Thats it folks
    seddo

welldone good days fishing
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

good session mate, well done on ya catch rate, Chatton is a fishery i have yet to visit
      FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

It's well worth a visit, three good lakes to choose from plus a very friendly management team who really care for thier anglers.
        The lakes are well stocked and the trout are in A1 condition.
        Bacon sarnies are also on the menu if you fancy a bite to eat along with a nice cuppa.

seddo

Comment

Hello Seddo,
          I had a look at Chatton last week, it does look good and I agree the people there are very friendly and helpful.
          I never fished though as there was a competition on but I plan on having a go soon, it's only ten or fifteen minutes from my caravan at seahouses.
          Well done on your catch.....I may see you there sometime.

Regards Ian

Comment

Hi Ian, I am recognised by my cap which has Grandad stiched on the top, compliments of my Grandaughter
            The comp you were on about would have been the Airflow Bank Masters qualifier, I came 5th so didn't do too badly.
            You will find Chatton gets better as the conditions warm up, buzzer fishing is starting to come on so good sport is in the offering.

Tight Lines mate

Loll Seddon.

Comment

lovely fishery but be warned...you will never want to go elsewhere!...its in my top 3 fisheries..lovely lakes...lovely scenery ...lovely people.
              Bring
              Out
              Another
              Thousand

Comment

Chatton

Hi lads i am not a freshwater fishing addict as i cant see any enjoyment catching and returning the fish at all.I have tried doing that kind of fishing but cannot get into it as i have just sold all my fresh water gear which cost me an arm and a leg for pennies but for those who enjoy good luck to you all .

Comment

As you said mate everyone to thier own choice, done sea fishing for donkey's years but found there was less and less activity so packed it in and started salmon fishing on the Coquet for a few years.
                  Decided to start fly fishing and tying my own fly's so there is loads to do and no smelly fingers etc at the end of the day

seddo

Comment

Working...
                  X