Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piking

hi all
    i fancy going too loch maben this weekend but when i google it on google maps there is 2 lochs there kirk loch and castle loch would appreaciate any help on wich loch to fish for pike on and what the prices for day tickets are
    cheers
    J.J

Originally posted by J.J. View Post
    hi all
    i fancy going too loch maben this weekend but when i google it on google maps there is 2 lochs there kirk loch and castle loch would appreaciate any help on wich loch to fish for pike on and what the prices for day tickets are
    cheers
    There is actually 4 lochs in the vicinity J.J
    Mill loch, Free
    Kirk loch free (but camp sit now charges you during season)
    Castle loch (Tickets must be bought prior from PO or on-line)
    Hightae syndicate only.

Just to wet your appetite had this on Friday 28.3 from England

Last edited by Jimk2; 20-03-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Mill loch has been longlined to death. Not many pike left in there now. Castle loch your best bet, Think its about £8 for a day ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
        There is actually 4 lochs in the vicinity J.J
        Mill loch, Free
        Kirk loch free (but camp sit now charges you during season)
        Castle loch (Tickets must be bought prior from PO or on-line)
        Hightae syndicate only.

Just to wet your appetite had this on Friday 28.3 from England

nice pike jimk2 would ask where u got that one if you would say
        J.J

Comment

nice pike jimk2 would ask where u got that one if you would say
          I cannot say mate, I will say I move about a lot. Pike fishing is difficult as it is with noddys and poachers plus bad handling and insufficient tackle. You would be mad letting people on an open forum know where you catch your lumps.

Good luck, I'm off to Scotland Thursday but a bit further than maben.

Comment

Re Pike Fishing Lochmaben SW Scotland

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Coarse fishing is available on the Castle, Kirk and Mill lochs which are stocked with perch, roach, bream, pike
            and eel.
            Fishing is free on Kirk Loch and Mill Loch.

Lochmaben residents can fish on the Castle Loch for no charge if they have obtained a ticket/permit from
            McJerrow & Stevenson, Solicitors, High Street, Lockerbie.
            Visitors can buy a fishing ticket/permit at Lochmaben Post Office on the High Street next to the bank.
            The ticket costs £6 per person per day and allows 2 rods to be used.

The Post Office is open daily and from 6.15 am to 12.15 pm on a Sunday.
            Overnight fishing is permitted but no camping is allowed round the Loch.
            There are strict Pike Fishing Rules which are issued with the ticket.
            Fishermen must have a ticket/permit before they start fishing,
            obtained from the Post Office or online: Castle Loch Fisheries site also contains comprehensive information on fishing
            at the Castle Loch. From October they will have a disabled access boat available for fishing and the Ranger Service.
            There is wheelchair access at various points around the Castle Loch (marked on the Display Boards at the loch).
            With lochs being S.S.S.Is, fishing should be limited to the permitted locations which are clearly marked on the notice boards.
            Pettigrew’s of Lochmaben sell bait and fishing equipment and can provide advice and further information
            on fishing in Lochmaben and the surrounding district.

Comment

Re Pike Fishing Lochmaben SW Scotland

Coarse fishing is available on the Castle, Kirk and Mill lochs which are stocked with perch, roach, bream, pike
              and eel.
              Fishing is free on Kirk Loch and Mill Loch.

Lochmaben residents can fish on the Castle Loch for no charge if they have obtained a ticket/permit from
              McJerrow & Stevenson, Solicitors, High Street, Lockerbie.
              Visitors can buy a fishing ticket/permit at Lochmaben Post Office on the High Street next to the Royal bank of Scotland.
              The ticket costs £6 per person per day and allows 2 rods to be used.

The Post Office is open daily and from 6.15 am to 12.15 pm on a Sunday.
              Overnight fishing is permitted but no camping is allowed round the Loch.
              There are strict Pike Fishing Rules which are issued with the ticket.
              Fishermen must have a ticket/permit before they start fishing,
              obtained from the Post Office or online: Castle Loch Fisheries site also contains comprehensive information on fishing
              at the Castle Loch. From October they will have a disabled access boat available for fishing and the Ranger Service.
              There is wheelchair access at various points around the Castle Loch (marked on the Display Boards at the loch).
              With lochs being S.S.S.Is, fishing should be limited to the permitted locations which are clearly marked on the notice boards.
              Pettigrew’s of Lochmaben sell bait and fishing equipment and can provide advice and further information
              on fishing in Lochmaben and the surrounding district.

Comment

Piking

hi all
                cheers
                There are 3 lochs-Castle-Kirk -Mill, the Kirk and Mill are free fishing but the Castle Loch is by far the best, you can purchase tickets at the Post Office just a few minutes away from the Loch and have a very good chance of a double and possible 20 or 30lbs.
                Not far from the Post Office which opens very early is a tackle shop which sells bait but opens normal hours.
                It used to be £8 for 2 rods not sure if it has went up to £11 ?
                Brilliant place to fish one of the best pike fishing places in the country.

Comment

PikeFishing Dumfriesshire Lochmaben

Castle Loch still fishes well but has a small fee payable was £ 6.00 per day last year.

Mill Loch & Kirk Loch have been decimated by people taking the fish as a food source and ignoring the catch and release policy, and the amount of litter being left is quite noticeable, the culprits are mainly migrant workers but the stock of all fish in the Lochmaben, Annan and Dumfries area are being put at risk by overfishing by Foreign migrants for a quick meal has reduced the stocks to their lowest levels in nearly a century.

Comment

Originally posted by magicglen View Post
                    Castle Loch still fishes well but has a small fee payable was £ 6.00 per day last year.

Mill Loch & Kirk Loch have been decimated by people taking the fish as a food source and ignoring the catch and release policy, and the amount of litter being left is quite noticeable, the culprits are mainly migrant workers but the stock of all fish in the Lochmaben, Annan and Dumfries area are being put at risk by overfishing by Foreign migrants for a quick meal has reduced the stocks to their lowest levels in nearly a century.

This is a problem all over and is making pike fishing very difficult. I have caught pike from all these lochs during 2012, So they are still there.
                    Mill has the most sustainable food source as it is stuffed with silvers.

Comment

Eating pike the scruffy so and so's

Comment

Working...
                      X