its got eat me all over it mate,looks good
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

looks like a fly
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
        looks like a fly
        That's what a thought... . Funniest looking bloodworm I've ever seen.

Still looks like a very tempting fly pattern to a fish, nice vivid colour, so well done on your creation 'bigtel'.
        South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
            . Funniest looking bloodworm I've ever seen.

Still looks like a very tempting fly pattern to a fish, nice vivid colour, so well done on your creation 'bigtel'.

Defo a blood worm, maybe you are thinking of an apps bloodworm which is totally different

Nice tying Tel mate, what size hook is it tied onto ? will defo take a few fish
            FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

thanks jimmy size 12

Comment

Originally posted by bigtel View Post
                thanks jimmy size 12
                Nice 1 Tel mate, now tie yaself some pinkies up

Comment

is that a pink bloodworm

Comment

I have to be honest, im a little in-experienced!

Originally posted by finseeker View Post
                    it'll look different when its wet, much thinner and a bit wiggle from the marabou feather
                    looks spot on
                    AND

Defo a blood worm, maybe you are thinking of an apps bloodworm which is totally different

Nice tying Tel mate, what size hook is it tied onto ? will defo take a few fish
                    Just goes to show how much I know, a have very little or basic fly fishing knowledge, but I'm keen to learn and gain knowledge, I've only ever caught 1 fish on the fly, a 4lb rainbow on my first and only fluff-chucking session at sharply, a usually only fished the worm lake, the 'Little Alice', when I was a kid.

I'm more interested in Sea fly fishing as I'd love to get into that, but just need to get the correct gear for it and get out there and do it. I can fly cast fairly well, am not the best but am ok, and can get the fly well into the water, but i still have a hell of a lot to learn.

As a said though it still a very nice fly has made, a rite good looking mouthfull to a hungry trout!

Comment

AND

Just goes to show how much I know, a have very little or basic fly fishing knowledge, but I'm keen to learn and gain knowledge, I've only ever caught 1 fish on the fly, a 4lb rainbow on my first and only fluff-chucking session at sharply, a usually only fished the worm lake, the 'Little Alice', when I was a kid.

I'm more interested in Sea fly fishing as I'd love to get into that, but just need to get the correct gear for it and get out there and do it. I can fly cast fairly well, am not the best but am ok, and can get the fly well into the water, but i still have a hell of a lot to learn.

As a said though it still a very nice fly has made, a rite good looking mouthfull to a hungry trout!

Andy, we normally go to sharpley every friday afternoon if you fancy joining us mate.

Basic knowledge of fly fishing is a good start mate and a 4lber on your first attempt is good going by anyones standard.

Sal****er flyfishing ? i am assuming you want to target Macky, Pollack Bass etc, you can use a basic set up but obviously would be better off with a salt water reel and salt water line, i will be hitting whitburn for a few macky on the fly and might also try Roker pier, but very early in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtel View Post
                        is that a pink bloodworm

Yes Tel mate, its a pink bloodworm ( legs at front and back) and just referred to as a "pinkie"

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
                          Andy, we normally go to sharpley every friday afternoon if you fancy joining us mate.

Basic knowledge of fly fishing is a good start mate and a 4lber on your first attempt is good going by anyones standard.

Sal****er flyfishing ? i am assuming you want to target Macky, Pollack Bass etc, you can use a basic set up but obviously would be better off with a salt water reel and salt water line, i will be hitting whitburn for a few macky on the fly and might also try Roker pier, but very early in the morning.
                          May just take you up on the offer to go to sharply sometime.this year mate, but I need to get geared up again as i sold the little setup I had for other needs, and im saving up as a need to get quite a bit of equipment for the up and coming sumner season.

Cheers for the the offer jimmy mate, and hope to get oot with you soon.

Comment

Cheers for the the offer jimmy mate, and hope to get oot with you soon.

Look forward to it Andy mate

Comment

A good fish to lay eyes on, a canny sea troot!

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
                              Look forward to it Andy mate
                              Speaking on the fishing note, and with trout, here's a little story that will definatley get your attention (and probably bring a load of posts with it too )

I got a phone call from my very good and close friend Phil.R (magman on here, but he rarely uses/doesn't use this site anymore). Anyways he rang me to inform me that on sunday after 45mins of spinning for at Brighton Marina where he is currently working, he hooked into a good hard fighting fish, which was thought to be a good bass. Once the fish was played to the side of the Marina and lifted in the dropnet, it was identified not to be a bass, but a very big Sea Trout, weighing in at a cracking 8lb.

Now am no expert on trout, but a do know thats a hell of a sea trout anywhere, as from what I've seen/heard a 10lb sea trout is a fish of a lifetime and a massive specimen, so this is a brilliant fish.

This sea trout he caught (his first ever) was quickly photographed and released unharmed to fight another day. It was caught on spinning gear whilst using a simple 40grm Dexter wedge, cast just 50yds out.

What a catch eh... and here is the picture of it, what a fish, a big well done to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X