Loch Tummel / River Tummel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Tummel / River Tummel

Payed to fished the Loch for a day, on and off with no result. (Spinning). Fished the free stretch outside of the caravan a, 30 step hike, which I\'d been told by a local tackle dealer was hard water to fish with not a very many fishys about. Was hating most of it actually as I had land anglers rain going down the back of my neck, sea anglers rain blows straight in your face I\'m used to that. (I just put me floatation suit on, caught a few funny looks from the traditionalists but then again me Zzziplex 85000 drew crowds ) Also the depth of water was a bit different to what I\'m used to. i.e about 4.5mm. Lost about £5.65 worth of lures in an hour (Sorry John I\'ll make you some new ones meself, Rappala Schammaaler) The young one had finally got bored and knicked off when .............That\'s not a boulder, or a bit weed, a wood nymph or tree tendril. FISH ON. Thoughts were in order SALMON, TROUT, PIKE. Next thought was oh my god drag and that and wait till it\'s head comes up and put your rod sideways and be careful with the net. ..................THE NET!! 25ft away out of commission. I came to my senses, overtackled like but who cares. I had 12-15lb line on, a bit of drag (I messed about with it a bit as I\'ve seen blokes on the telly do stuff like that.) and decided to yark it in. Got it past the Gnarly roots of death and into the deep still black pool in front of me. Game over I Exhaled and the fish rolled over, kicked, spat the hook and buggered off.

It was definetly a 5lb Wild Truffle Trout or summat. Intense experience, I like it and want some more.

Thats a great part of the world there Ell , even if you catch nowt . Did you stay at faskally park ??

Comment

Tummel Valley Park Dave? Your right it\'s beautiful up there.

Comment

Working...
      X