South Linden - 21/03/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Linden - 21/03/12

Hello to all from a new poster - been dabbling with both sea and fly fishing for the past year or so after being introduced by my dad-in-law and thought would share yesterdays session.

Early start to get up to South Linden for a 4 hour session on the fly. Very warm welcome from Andrew and all before getting set-up, clouds overhead but quite a bit of wind to contend with when we started. About half a dozen others already around the bottom end (dam) so hit the middle for the first hour to no avail.

Change of position and fly (onto a yellow beaded bloodworm) resulted in a miss and then straight after my only catch of the day. 2lb 2 oz and a lovely little fight on the light gear.

After that the sun came out and only saw a few other catches though one must have been getting on for double-figures in size.

4 hours were soon up and time to pack up but before we left we managed to see the main lake being stocked up with a new batch including a nice 15 pounder which I might just have to go back for sometime soon - on that note the fishery does a loyalty card which if you go often may be worth it.

Overall a nice day out but wish we'd left it till today what with the restocking may have been more succesful.

Gonna try and post the pics (this should be fun).
    Attached Files

Some more pics I hope.
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the site mate ,nice report and pics well done.

Comment

nice pics mate whereabouts is that fishery, regards korky.

Comment

IS THIS AN UNHAPPY FACE or WHAT.
          Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

south linden

Nice pics and welcome to the nesa forum sonofpele best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by korky65 View Post
              nice pics mate whereabouts is that fishery, regards korky.
              Cheers mate, it's near Morpeth, got a canny website as well

South Linden fishery

Comment

Hello,
                Welcome to Nesa and a good report too, thanks for posting.

Regards Ian

Comment

South Linden is at Longhorsley, up the A697 from Morpeth Korky.
                  Alnwick S.A.C

Comment

i love this little fishery. Its a great place for a 4hr session. Had my pb(8.5lb) from here on a wet fly i tied myself. As said above the loyaty card is a great addition, 5 visits and your next is free.

Darren

Comment

Working...
                    X