witton castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• witton castle

out with the boss for a drive on saturday thought i would have a quick look at witton castle set the sat nav it took me to the gates to the castle i drove around caravan site could not find the lakes she was getting impatient so i give up can any body tell me where the lakes are from the gates
    old anglers never die -they just smell that way

you need to go through the village and down towards the river,over the bridge then left onto a path,this will take you there

Comment

You may have driven past my van. LOL

from the castle gate you dont need to go to the village if you pass the castle gates on the right (turn right as you leave the caravan park), turn right at the end (cross road) onto the A58 towards Corbridge/Witton le Wear, go down the hill for about a mile and there is a turning on the right, turn right down the country lane and before you get to the wear there is a gate house and turning on the right where the fishery is signposted. Turn right there and the fishery is about 1 mile down the track.
      J
      Last edited by jason; 26-03-2012, 03:27 PM. Reason: more info added
      give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

witton castle

thanks
        old anglers never die -they just smell that way

Comment

Follow the A68 towards Corbridge from Tofthill. Pass the dinner on the left and down the bank. Pass the cross roads that's sign posted for the castle and continue down the bank. The entrance is a slip road on the right just before you go over the bridge over the river Wear. I used to be the local beat bobby there for years and is a popular site. 16 acres of water if I remember rightly.

Comment

Working...
          X