Sharply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharply

fished on saturday ended the day with 3 nice rainbows caught 2 on black fritz and the other on a green and white fritz, had a lot of fish follow the green and white plucking it then turning away at the last minute when i was about to lift and recast tried hanging it in the water but they just turned away this happened at least 10 times is there anyway i can get these fish to take the fly not been flyfishing too long so still a novice any advice will be very helpfull cheers lads

Mark

Originally posted by m ruff View Post
    fished on saturday ended the day with 3 nice rainbows caught 2 on black fritz and the other on a green and white fritz, had a lot of fish follow the green and white plucking it then turning away at the last minute when i was about to lift and recast tried hanging it in the water but they just turned away this happened at least 10 times is there anyway i can get these fish to take the fly not been flyfishing too long so still a novice any advice will be very helpfull cheers lads

Mark
    On a different day those fish may have taken the fly, it's one of those things and nothing much you can do about it.

Frustrating it certainly is, if they are showing an interest in your fly you must be doing something right.
    If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

if hes chasing hes interested.a little pause or a little more speed may encourage him to take it.

terry

Comment

.......Or try using a longer/lighter leader mate,especially in shallow or very clear water.
        This time of year as the stillwaters temps are starting to rise,its often useful to try smaller flies and nymphs in dark shades,the Hawthorn flies are starting to show now and the fish often become pre-occupied with them.
        Fish them nice and slow on a floater with a slightly weighted fly or on an inter', figure of 8 style.And cast into the wind whenever possible,thats where the terrestrials will end up and thats what the fish will be feeding on.

Hope this helps,good luck

Comment

Working...
        X