loch ken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loch ken

aye aye lads,me and the lads are going away to loch ken next week,need some tips to catch pike,,,ie bait lures and most of all,to catch them,lmao,!!!!
    steve archer

Originally posted by stewvie View Post
    aye aye lads,me and the lads are going away to loch ken next week,need some tips to catch pike,,,ie bait lures and most of all,to catch them,lmao,!!!!
    They could be still spawning mate.

Comment

take a crayfish trap, there millions of them

Comment

loch ken

Yes as MB said loads of crayfish so pop your bait up about 12-18 inches off the bottom,good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by IANG View Post
          Yes as MB said loads of crayfish so pop your bait up about 12-18 inches off the bottom,good luck.
          Or by pollen, deadly. But like I said if ther are spawning then they won't show interest in deads. Lures would be ok, better from a boat.

Comment

pike

they must always spawn,cos i keep saying spawny b@@tards where are ya's,lmao,and ssssshhh i already got crayfish trap's,ermmm trap lol,,so anyways if i was dead baiting with a 6oz dead bait wot size float will i need 2 keep it of the bottom,i got plenty of lures,but is there anyones that are exceptional,,,,,6 days to go,!!!!!!!
            steve archer

Comment

I don,t think you are allowed to use any traps for the crayfish,there are a few bylaws covering this.
              This is to stop anyone transfering them to other waters.
              I fished Ken for years but never bother with it now as the crayfish have totally ruined the fishing,for both pike and roach.
              There,s plenty of other smaller lochs with some decent pike and course fish.,EI Rutten,Claterinshaws,Castle loch.

Comment

trap

i think we already know that mate,we just joking bout crayfish trap,lol,,thanks anyways,!!!!
                steve archer

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhacker View Post
                  I don,t think you are allowed to use any traps for the crayfish,there are a few bylaws covering this.
                  This is to stop anyone transfering them to other waters.
                  I fished Ken for years but never bother with it now as the crayfish have totally ruined the fishing,for both pike and roach.
                  There,s plenty of other smaller lochs with some decent pike and course fish.,EI Rutten,Claterinshaws,Castle loch.
                  The coarse fishing at ken is exceptional, quality roach, perch and dace I can vouch for. And bream bagging is fantastic too. Just because the pike fishing is a challenge it doesn't mean there isn't any monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by stewvie View Post
                    they must always spawn,cos i keep saying spawny b@@tards where are ya's,lmao,and ssssshhh i already got crayfish trap's,ermmm trap lol,,so anyways if i was dead baiting with a 6oz dead bait wot size float will i need 2 keep it of the bottom,i got plenty of lures,but is there anyones that are exceptional,,,,,6 days to go,!!!!!!!
                    I keep my float rigs simple usually for off the boat or bank side live baiting. Stop knot, bead, cigar (in line) float with matched sinker. Fox 25g or 35g for the bait size you mention then snap tackle. When live baiting always use an uptrce.
                    If you want the bait off the bottom try a paternoster rig with up trace, ideal for putting on alarms or have a higher float an watch it.

Comment

wild pike up there m8

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
                        I keep my float rigs simple usually for off the boat or bank side live baiting. Stop knot, bead, cigar (in line) float with matched sinker. Fox 25g or 35g for the bait size you mention then snap tackle. When live baiting always use an uptrce.
                        If you want the bait off the bottom try a paternoster rig with up trace, ideal for putting on alarms or have a higher float an watch it.
                        Can you live bait ?

Comment

Live baiting in Scotland

Originally posted by blugsden View Post
                          Can you live bait ?
                          No you cant livebait in Scotland it was banned in 2007,refer to article in scottish pike anglers association.

Comment

I new that.

Comment

Originally posted by blugsden View Post
                              Can you live bait ?
                              The up trace was something to consider when live baiting, I wasn't stating I was live baiting on loch ken. We put all the roach and dace back we caught

Comment

Working...
                              X