first pike sesh update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first pike sesh update

well got back lastnight and after a good nights sleep can reflect on what i can describe as a enjoyable first lesson in pike fishing.set up camp at black water over west coast got baited up and i was out in water.hours went by and nothing tried diffrent baits but nowt all day and all night its harder than i thought to catch my first pike but we did come across a bird off pray wich landded rite nexst to me nealy **** my self has to be the most stunning bird of prey ive yet to see .got up nexst morning baited up again and out i went ,all morning up till 3pm still not a run so we decided to call it a day and headed home all in all fantastic senery and a enjoyable day for me cantr wait to go again enjoy some pic off my phone there are a couple only as battery went dead on phone lol

Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM.

hellish pics them paul shame the pike didnt turn up maybe next time though
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

i tried trev lol but that bird off pray made the trip woth while m8 itching to get back out lol

Comment

First Pike sesh

You left it a bit late in the season mate the pike may be spawning,i would leave it until late may before giving it another go.PM me if i can give you any further help.

Comment

Nice bird that mate, looks like a red kite, might b wrong but watched documentary on tv few month bk on releasing them into wild to get there numbers up, this one must b on similar programme as has a tag on it, shame bout the fishing but that would have made trip worth it

Comment

it is a red kite m8 and it was defo worth the the trip just to se such an amazing bird

Comment

Pike are spawning at the minute and are not interested in static baits.

I hung my pike rods up middle March.

Comment

First pike sesh

Great photo/s PAUL as the scenery alone is stunning and the lakes are massive and it was a shame you did/nt catch your first pike but there/s other days and yes the bird of prey was a Red Kite

Comment

Stunning pics mate shame about the pike not turning up, there's a website that explains the tagging, its a Red Kite released in 2006 from Dumfries and Galloway

Comment

Links here

Red Kite wing tags explained

UK Red Kite Reintroductions

Comment

thanx peter for the link m8

Comment

Working...
                      X