Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonik Reels?

Hello,
    Just a quick question, do any of you flyfishers use Sonik reels?

I've been looking at the SK4 reels and they seem very good for the price.....if anyone has one what do you think?

For the most part the reel only serves to carry the line but these seem like a bit of canny bling

Regards Ian

hi ian,
    try early loop reels - very low inertia, large arbor and excellent clutch.
    i play all large fish on the reel - never lost one with reel problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
      Hello,
      Just a quick question, do any of you flyfishers use Sonik reels?

I've been looking at the SK4 reels and they seem very good for the price.....if anyone has one what do you think?

For the most part the reel only serves to carry the line but these seem like a bit of canny bling

Regards Ian
      nice reels ian you wont have any probs with them

Comment

Hello, thanks for the replies lads.

Swilsonstu, thanks the Loop reels look great but expensive for what I'm after I think.....I doubt if I'll ever have to worry too much about a big fish testing the clutch

Bigtel, I think I might treat myself to a one with a spare spool too.....I had a look at some reviews and they seem ok.

Regards Ian

Comment

cracking reels ... fishing buddy has 2...cant praise them enough really.
          Bring
          Out
          Another
          Thousand

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
            Hello, thanks for the replies lads.

Swilsonstu, thanks the Loop reels look great but expensive for what I'm after I think.....I doubt if I'll ever have to worry too much about a big fish testing the clutch

Bigtel, I think I might treat myself to a one with a spare spool too.....I had a look at some reviews and they seem ok.

Regards Ian
            I have a sk4 7/8 reel new with a sk4 wf7 new floating flyline for sale ,pm me if interested or call 01207 500436

Comment

pre loaded

be wary of the pre loaded reels mine and 2 friends reels hve had to go back to sonik they have been fitted with the wrong o ring
              old anglers never die -they just smell that way

Comment

Working...
              X