pics from coldingham loch 21/4/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics from coldingham loch 21/4/2012

fished coldingham loch yesterday fromthe bank great place for wading, fly only loch beautiful place and well worth a visit.hope you enjoy them, terry

I used to fish there a lot years ago.

Caught 4lb 2oz brownie there on a tiny Peter Ross dry fly when I was only about 13 - got my name in a couple if the fishing magazines as a result and Dr Ted Wise (the then owner) said it was one of the best conditioned browns he had seen come out of the loch

I think it was the second largest brown caught that season and I didn't even know the pattern the fly was on the day so I listed it as a "Kirkpatrick Special" since that's my uncle's surname and he tied it for me

Happy days and, yes, a wonderful place to fish. There was some great deer stalking in the surrounding hills too, as I recall.

Thanks for sharing, and for bringing back some fond memories.
    Last edited by Persues; 22-04-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Looks like you had a good day Terry. Did you catch on your own flies? I fancy trying there and Whinney Loch

Ali
      UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

Originally posted by pottsy View Post
        Looks like you had a good day Terry. Did you catch on your own flies? I fancy trying there and Whinney Loch

Ali
        unfortunately not ali but luckily for me they wanted what my mate had lol

Comment

Great pics Ter and looks like it was nice weather for you mate , was Hutch with you and did he catch many

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
            Great pics Ter and looks like it was nice weather for you mate , was Hutch with you and did he catch many
            hutch is a snob mate he will only fish rivers lol

Comment

Fished it once many years ago, beautiful place just to be never mind fish. despite using a boat I still blanked that day and it was hard work rowing, it would have been easier like if I'd pulled the anchor up.

Comment

Great photos, another one to put on my places to visit list.

Regards Ian

Comment

Great photos. It's a few years since I've fished Coldingham, but a lovely place to fish.

Comment

crackin photos mate looks like a lovely place to fish

Comment

Lovely photos and lovely memories. First time the Old Man took me to Eyemouth we fished the Golf Course and I stood, open mouthed, having only seen the shoreline around Cullercoats. After the comp we walked from St Abbs all the way along the cliff top to the Lighthouse, him saying "I'll take you there next year and there when you're old enough". I remember how awe inspiring it was. We then dropped down to Petticow Wick and turned left into the depression that is now the Loch and returned, past it to the village. Later in life I compared it to the hidden valley behind the Buchaille Etive Mor on the west side of Glen Coe, although without the high entry and waist deep snow. I've always wanted to fly fish there (which I don't) or take the oars for someone who can. Funny how one experience can leave such an impression - I've been there many times since and every time the memory of the first visit is replayed.

Lovely place.

Comment

Coldingham loch

Well m8t the photo/s of the loch are smashing as the scenery is stunning and it looked like a tranquill day too and nice brown trout too.

Comment

slightly off topic but does anyone know if there's fish in mire loch at the head, I've walked around it loads of times but never seen anyone fishing there. It looks fishy like

Comment

Working...
                          X