Getting into Fly Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting into Fly Fishing

I'm looking to get into Fly Fishing, and have been thinking of it for a while now. Could any give advice on where the best water would be to start for a beginner like myself, Also, not looking to spend a huge amount of money, so does anyone know of any combo kits i.e rod, reel etc, for decent money, but also of decent quality.

Advice is much appreciated.

take a look on BSA, british sea anglers, gary has a startet kit for £40. As to the best water to start on, what area do you live. There are loads of good fisheries in the northeast
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

if you're trying out flyfishing for the 1st time, then i would sugest trying chatton trout fishery. lovely place to fish and you don't need a rod licence either.i think they hire out rods and reels aswell. the link for there website is, http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...hz8bcciBU_oo5A

Comment

chatton

you do need a rod licence for any freshwater the licence is to carry the rod (sorry my mistake)
        Last edited by d-a; 22-05-2012, 06:50 PM.
        old anglers never die -they just smell that way

Comment

Originally posted by d-a View Post
          you do need a rod licence for any freshwater the licence is to carry the rod
          you don't need a rod licence for chatton. i think it's because of a loophole where the stream that runs into chatton also runs into the tweed, so brings it under scottish rules. and a rod licence is not required in scotland. it's stated on their website that a rod licence is not needed.

Comment

Thanks for that mate.

Comment

best thing you can do is get a few casting lessons or fish with somebody who can show you the basics

Comment

Working...
              X