Woodlands, Thirsk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodlands, Thirsk

Has anyone fished here lately? If so what did it fish like? And has anyone fished the new specimen lake? I go down in one of the log cabins for 4 days on the 8th of june cant wait!

Moggy, I was down March/April with the kids, It was just after the last heat wave and the day we went it dropped to 3'.
    We still caught bream, tench and carp.

I only ever fish the first lake and never heard of the specimen lake, You sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Moggy-R View Post
      Has anyone fished here lately? If so what did it fish like? And has anyone fished the new specimen lake? I go down in one of the log cabins for 4 days on the 8th of june cant wait!
      There is only one lake there Moggy m8 as all the specimens is in that lake as i have fished it numerous times and never seen any other lake there so hope this helps m8.

Comment

woodlands

Originally posted by jameswlong1941 View Post
        There is only one lake there Moggy m8 as all the specimens is in that lake as i have fished it numerous times and never seen any other lake there so hope this helps m8.
        I dont think you were at woodlands mate,theres 13 lakes.

Comment

IanG is right.

Comment

u can tell money men 1st pond does fine

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
              Moggy, I was down March/April with the kids, It was just after the last heat wave and the day we went it dropped to 3'.
              We still caught bream, tench and carp.

I only ever fish the first lake and never heard of the specimen lake, You sure about that?
              aye mate its silver birch lake theyv'e turned it into a speci lake all 10lb+ carp

Comment

aye mate its silver birch lake theyv'e turned it into a speci lake all 10lb+ carp
                Good to know, I'm taking the kids back end of June.
                If you are there for a few days try the first lake, You can float fish and ledger on alrms. Some good carp to double figures.

Comment

woodlands

yes m8 fished the specimen lake 3 weeks ago think the water was a bit cold tho my m8 caught 1 on meat 8lb common me other pal got snapped it only realy started to come on at about 3 o clock .

Comment

Originally posted by IANG View Post
                    I dont think you were at woodlands mate,theres 13 lakes.
                    Your maybe right m8 there/s that many lakes its getting confusing to know and think where you are as you know there are so many venues to go to so cheers for that m8.

Comment

me and the girlfriend fished it on saturday we had over 50 skimmers 10 tench and 27 carp biggest was 8 LB.
                      Rod building.................

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO MAN View Post
                        me and the girlfriend fished it on saturday we had over 50 skimmers 10 tench and 27 carp biggest was 8 LB.
                        what lake did u fish mate

Comment

what lake did u fish mate
                          carnt remember the name of the first lake but we ended up on partridge after the match finshed.
                          Rod building.................

Comment

it has to be the easiest place to catch carp honestly ,they sitting with there gobs open on top of the water cos they nah they gonna get fed then put back
                            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO MAN View Post
                              carnt remember the name of the first lake but we ended up on partridge after the match finshed.
                              haha thats my favourite trick aswel mate lol, bag up after the matches

Comment

Working...
                              X